Poughkeepsie Town Reviews

Theres a lot of places to eat but not a lot of entertainment. The good part of Poughkeepsie is safe.
Great people with an accepting and safe community. Difficult to commute easily, and it is almost absolutely necessary to have a car.
A pretty safe town. Unlike, the city of poughkeepsie, it's surrounded by safe schools, and neighborhoods, along with affordable stores and recreational centers. A great place to raise a familly.
Start Your Review of Poughkeepsie Town
Growing up in this area, I’ve seen a lot of great development. Poughkeepsie is very centrally located in Dutchess County. Easy commute to NYC with ample open space, farm lands, hiking trails, lakes, rivers, mountains, etc...
I've lived in this town most of my life. I played CYO basketball and baseball here. There are many programs and summer camps to keep kids busy.
There is good food and several parks around. My neighborhood is quiet and safe. I really like the area and the places around the town.
The Town of Poughkeepsie is a nice area with plenty of beautiful scenery and a nice mall. There are plenty of schools public and private to go to.
I have resided in Poughkeepsie, New York for about seventeen years. Overall, living in the town of Poughkeepsie has been a very good experience.
It's great there. I have lived here all of my life and I would strongly recommend anyone else to live here as well. The scenery is very pretty and the Hudson Valley is a great place to live and maybe even retire in. After I finish school I will come back here for a little bit to maybe find a job or maybe even move somewhere else I don't know.
Poughkeepsie has the longest pedestrian bridge in the world that spans the Hudson River. It is also home to Vassar College, Marist College, and the Culinary Institute of America. There are many paved bike trails and hiking trails. The negative is very high property taxes and mediocre schools obsessed with scores, low costs, and a strong union and draconian punishments. The arts and nightlife are very rural in style.
I have lived in Poughkeepsie for many years now. At times it can be boring if you have done all the local activities. However, there is tons of history close by. Poughkeepsie is experiencing the addition of new businesses in hopes of making it a better place to live. The town of Poughkeepsie is nice, but you should stay away from the city of Poughkeepsie.
The town of Poughkeepsie is a rising town, but it can feel very isolated and lacking things to do at times. The area around Vassar is enjoyable and safe, but venturing too far beyond that can become dull or even dangerous.
I like how there is a variety of things to do in the summer. A lot of outdoor opportunities to hike, travel, and some festivals. I wish there was more to do in the winter but it’s like that everywhere
I live in Poughkeepsie town in the Spackenkill District. Overall I think it's a great place to live. The people here are great and the school is excellent. At the school, students are challenged to improve to their best selves. The people in my neighborhood are very supportive and helpful. There are also a bunch of things that are near by, like Locust Grove and the Walkway over the Hudson, both great places to go in spare time
I live around vassar campus! such a great area. plenty of places to eat, a bar around the corner and even gas stations/banks down the road. very convenient. also ive had no issues with the area, seems pretty quiet.
There are beautiful places within Poughkeepsie. Business wise there could be more resources as well as more jobs for those that seeking . There should also be more activities for the youths who need to be more apart of society.
Poughkeepsie has certainly cleaned itself up and has been on the up and coming for a few years now. Public works projects and the spread of awareness has created a much better living environment that has drawn the attention of many around it. From the scenic views to the good eats Poughkeepsie has a decent amount to offer and is a gateway to many other beautiful towns in any direction of it
Start Your Review of Poughkeepsie Town
I love how everyone is willing to help out anyone that needs it no matter the circumstances and that everything you may need to buy/restaurants are right around the corner from your house.
I would like to see More programs based on children’s growth and development, could be a wonderful place. The schools need more educators that can properly assist the students and the parents. We need a better school structure.. the rent as well is outrageous, it’s hard to be able to enjoy life because it’s not a balanced environment.
What I like about the Town of Poughkeepsie is that it's close to everything. Arlington is beautiful and has a lot going on, great shops, restaurants, Vassar College campus is beautiful as well as Marist and the CIA.