Oxon Hill Reviews

I would clean up the place. There are too many House foreclosures and people are extremely rude.
It is up and coming though.
I grew up from 8-18 in Oxon Hill, it’s okay for single younger people who don’t mind more drama and noise but a huge no for raising a family. Crime, drugs, and poverty are sky high. The schools are average for pg county but not great. Only plus is how convenient the area is to DC & Virginia. Also, u can find decent apartments for good prices.
The community needs a lot of road improvements and family activity areas. The area is going under major road and environmental changes since the arrival of the MGM in 2016.
Start Your Review of Oxon Hill
Not the worst in the whole area but isn't really a place to go if you want a trouble-free neighborhood. It is a quiet neighborhood but you will see many illegal things happening around the area. However, the whole neighborhood is somewhat separated within different groups like race. The neighborhood is getting more expensive because of National Harbor and MGM.
Oxon Hill will always be my home. It does have its ups and downs but since the construction of the MGM and National Harbor, the once small town has now become a nice tourist spot very close in proximity to Washington DC.
I like Oxon Hill because it is MD but I am literally right beside SE, D.C. and Alexandria, VA. Everything is 15-20 minutes away from me so this area is very convenient. I like the fact that the harbor and casino have brought attention to our city but the traffic is now starting to pick up and that is pretty irritating. Oxon Hill, is peaceful to me and I love living here.
The overall cleanliness. Need to take better care of the stores and streets in the area. Some of the traffic at times ca be overwhelming.
The convenience to DC area apartments are small and not renovated. The rent and real estate market is very very expensive. The job market is highly competitive but the employers are not paying much.
What I liked about Oxon Hill md, is that it wasn't far from Downtown Dc. what i would like to see change in the area is the people that allowed into neighborhood doing illegal things.
This area is very convenient and minutes away from Virginia and downtown DC. the schools are great and with the new National Harbor five minutes away. It is one of the best parts of Maryland to live in.
I love living in Oxon Hill, Md. our community have so much to offer. Located 15 minutes from Downtown Washington, D.C. Where you have access to all of the free museums and monuments. Close proximity to the new National Harbor, The Tangor Shopping Outlets, and the new MGM Grand Hotel & Casino. Oxon Hill is located right on the cusp of the Maryland/ DC line.
OXON HILL IS A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE. BECAUSE IT IS CLOSE TO THE CITY OF D.C. IT IS DIFFICULT TO FIND EMPLOYMENT. THE SCHOOLS ARE GREAT AND THE NIGHT LIFE IS WONDERFUL FOR YOUNG PEOPLE. THE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO. THE CITY IS EXTREMELY DIVERSIFIED YOU WILL ALWAYS FEEL RIGHT AT HOME NO MATTER WHERE YOU COME FROM. I ALWAYS FEEL SAFE DUE TO THE EVER PRESENT POLICE DEPARTMENT. THEY PATROL OUR STREETS NIGHT AND DAY TO ENSURE VISITORS FEEL SAFE. THERE IS A MIXTURE OF RURAL AND CITY SECTIONS I AM VERY PROUD TO BE A PART OF PRINCE GEORGES COUNTY IN OXON HILL MARYLAND.
It may be a small city but it's filled with lots of things to do. Most of the residents are nice and friendly but you can find your rude neighbors. Great little city.
My neighborhood is fairly quite, there isn't many problems. The schools within the neighborhood are pretty good. There are sports clubs for kids my age and younger.
Oxon Hill is full of excellent restaurants, shopping, and transportation services. Lots of great daycare facilities as well.
Oxon Hill is a good place to live if you commute to and from the city. It has convenient shopping, restaurants, and office buildings. Minutes from MGM Grand, andthe area is now receiving a make over due to the new life infused at National Harbor. Still has its inner city challenges as it boarders the edge of SE DC.
Oxon Hill has its quaint parts as well as its bustling areas being though it is a connector to Washington D.C. The MGM at the Harbor is up and their are also tons of shopping options at the National Harbor Outlets. The roads are pretty manageable and its pretty easy to get around being near major highways. Oxon Hill is slowly becoming the new HUB for the place which was formerly known as "Chocolate City". Its very easy to access the city as well via public transportation. The Metro is accessible almost everywhere within the Town.
Start Your Review of Oxon Hill
I have only lived in oxon hill for a year but so far I love it. Although it's surrounded by a bad neighborhood my area is pretty decent. I would like to see more schools in this are I feel like it's just not enough and nursing facilities.
Nice Community lots of transportation, close to the MGM casino, Tanger outlet and National Gaylord. Stores to shop at and plenty of schools.
Nice place to live. Lots of access to public transportation. Lots of schools in the neighborhood. MGM opening soon. Hotels and restaurants at the Gaylord. Tanger outlets near plenty of shopping.