Oakmont Reviews

I have lived here my whole life, this town is fantastic for anyone who would like to start a family. I have never felt threatened and everyone in the town knows each other. I am currently a senior in the Riverview School District and all the staff will go above and beyond to see me make my dreams come true. Multiple generations of my family have lived in this town and not one of them has a serious complaint about the town and its management.
Oakmont has a very tight-knit atmosphere. It has easy access to downtown Pittsburgh and also within the town. There are many small, local stores, as well as a high-rated elementary school and 7-12 junior high school. The town is well known for their award winning bakery (Oakmont Bakery) which features cakes, cookies, cheesecakes, and more. It is a good family-friendly community.
I like how Oakmont is a small town community where everyone waves to each other and is always there to give a helping hand.
Start Your Review of Oakmont
Just moved in to the neighborhood and love the local shops, friendly atmosphere, and convenience to Bakery Square (15 minutes0
Oakmont is a small, tight-knit community that is very comfortable and a great place to grow up. Everyone know everyone, which seems intimidating, but it actually just makes everything more familiar and accepting.
It's a horrible place unless you're an old, white conservative. Do not raise your children here, they will grow up bored and resentful against you and this god awful town.
This is a great little small town. All of the neighbors are friendly and willing to lend you the last shirt they own. Plus, there are so many PUPPIES to play with! Also, 99% of the shops are locally owned so you support local businesses.
Friendly neighbors. Lots of community events. Fairly quiet neighborhood. Lots of trains at night though. Lots of places be active, parks and trails within driving distance.

Great small town restaurants and businesses. And a really nice Library.
Oakmont is a nice quiet town to grow up in. It is a safe neighborhood with everything you need within walking distance.
The crime and safety in this area has room for improvement. A lot of the time, they are driving around trying to get people for traffic problems and don't concentrate on the problems in the high school. There's a group of kids in the high school that deserve some attention.
I moved into the community as a new student at the local elementary school. I was terrified but every made the transition great for me. All the students were smiling and willing to let me in. When I eventually have kids, I will be moving back and making sure they grow up in the community that was so great to me.
Super pretty town. The people, particularly the local government, are conservative morons.
Overall, it is a nice neighborhood to live in and the school system seems to be doing the most for students. They are trying to help students learn to the best of their ability.
i have never gotten a bad sandwich at the Oakmont Deli, you can't go wrong, and the location and enviroment is perfect.
Bernies Flower Shop in Oakmont PA is fantastic! I went there for prom and left happy! they even sprayed the flowers with sparkles when i asked. i will be coming back