Norwalk Reviews

Norwalk is a growing community that maintains a "small town" feel. Access to downtown Des Moines is quick and easy with an abundance of shopping in close proximity but quiet at home. Easy access to the airport. Norwalk is connected to the Great Western Trail with several new parks across the City. There is one large new park with a trail and water features. The school system is superb with non-open enrollment. Only people living in the district can enroll. My wife and I like knowing the school will only grow as fast as the City grows. We will call this home until retirement!
If I could give it negative stars I would as they do not care about their residents. They portray themselves as a great place to live but it truly isn't. They have no laws\rules to live by when it comes to ethics and dealing with people. They can take a great neighborhood and trash it very quickly.
We just moved here and I love it already . It’s beautiful, so family oriented , small town and really nice people .
Start Your Review of Norwalk
Norwalk is an ever growing community. It is known for its great housing and its amazing education programs. Norwalk is becoming more and more diverse as more people move to live here. The city is a great place to raise children as it has many parks and other family friendly facilities. There are limitations as there are no places for night life to occur. Norwalk is booming with more and more businesses and the variety of businesses, but hours are limited to the places. To get most of your groceries and clothing, you must go to another city in order to do so. Fortunately, Norwalk is not too far from these places. It is located at a good location where it is no more than 20 minutes from the Warren County offices, 15 minutes away from Downtown Des Moines, 15 minutes away from West Des Moines, and not too far away from many great Central Iowa places.
School districts and academics are leading in their area. Sports teams are competitive and advanced. Town and public services are well kept, maintained, and functioning. Overall a very clean and safe space to live and raise children.
Norwalk seems to just always be the same and is your typical high school set up you see in movies. You have the mean girls and the jocks and it feels like no one else matters. I like the small town feel to it though, and I would like to see more diversity.
Norwalk has a great school district, friendly people, and it's overall very safe. There are plenty of parks, a grocery store, and some restaurants. It has a nice small town feel along with its growing community.
Small town atmosphere close to big city amenities. Great schools, friendly neighbors and low crime rates. Would like to see more general store and restaurant options. Diversity is always a good addition to complete the well-rounded community.
I grew up in Norwalk and recently moved back to my home town. It is lovely and the neighborhood is developing nicely.
I like that it's a growing town that's incorporating more commercial businesses to attract people. While it still has the appeal of a small town with small town businesses and a slowed down way of life, there are still name brand businesses and food chains scattered around the town that allows people to stay close to home and still get the joys of a bigger city type of life style.
There really isn't any crime here other than some little things done by kids.
It's a good place to raise a family. It's safe, has a good school system, and definitely caters to families. However there isn't much to do and if given the choice I would probably choose to live elsewhere.
I like this town, but the achievement gap is getting larger
Most people who live here are very proud to live here and stay.
Everyone has a car and there's plentiful parking. No one really uses public transportation and it's not really existent.
This area is gorgeous and I love it here. It's so great to go on walks and just enjoy it.
Doctors in this area are great and prominent, but there's not really any options for people who have graduated from high school to be fit other than just walking around.
Start Your Review of Norwalk
I thought it was okay but I realized it doesn't have much at all. We can run/ walk in Norwalk but there isnt much else to do. There are 3 parks but some of them are where a bad crowd hangs out so they aren't very nice anymore.
We have housing in Norwalk that is really great and some that I have had to live in that were not good at all like some of the apartment complexes are not well maintained.
I feel as though I grew up in a safe town and I am very thankful for that it is quite different at college than at home.