North Wilkesboro Reviews

It's not an unattractive place. It's quaint, fine for retirees. But terrible for anyone younger than 30 or 40, even. There is next to nothing to do here, unless your idea of a good time out is hanging out at Walmart or getting addicted to pain pills. The restaurants are okay, nothing special. I get excited when I hear of something new opening up, but it's always just a new place to eat. Nothing new to do. There's also almost no sidewalks. So you can't walk off all the calories you consume from eating so much, because it's all you can do here. My husband and I often drive 1-2 hrs to visit another town just for something to do. It is SO incredibly, mind-numbingly boring here.
It's a beautiful town but with very little activities for young adults. I would love for there to be a bigger night life scene, and maybe some better jobs.
I like the slow paced country setting here. Its the perfect place to raise my 4 year old daughter . I would like to have more kid friendly fun places here such as chucky cheese. Its pretty far from anything like that.
Start Your Review of North Wilkesboro
Love our choices of shopping and restaurants. Would love to see better employment opportunities! Easy to access town, lots of stop lights though!
North Wilkesboro has small town America charm. It's a nice place to raise a family. The town offers a safe and pleasant atmosphere for family outings. This venue might be a little boring for those in search of the nite life.
Local community college. local area living with restaurants close by, everything is within walking distance. Country style living downtown.
The crime rate is about average. A lot of drug crime since it is a low income area. Police in the area seem to operate simply as drug busters and traffic ticket issuers. Not the safest area, but not the most unsafe either.
The area is incredibly rural, and many of the businesses and institutions have been in place since the early 20th century. It is also generally a pretty low-income area, so new businesses are hard to come by. Life is pretty stagnant. I would not choose to live here again.
It's relatively decent. I wouldn't say it's jobs people want but it pays.