Norfolk Reviews

If you're thinking of moving here as a new family, please don't. I am 18 and have lived in Norfolk for my entire life and can safely say I wish I had been brought up somewhere else. Although it has its moments, the school system was cliquey and there was never anything exciting to do. There's only bad jobs around here and there is a real problem with drug usage that is being overlooked because of how seemingly tame the town is.
Wonderful community. Always something to do. Nice neighbors. Small but very inviting. Great place for a family. Very safe.
My community is great, but there is very little diversity.
Start Your Review of Norfolk
I said in my previous review that my neighborhood is among the safest in the country. I feel very safe in my town and that is a very important factor as to where I will decide to live on my own in the future.
The town that I live in is ranked the second safest in the state, which is very important to me and I love being able to brag about it. Along with that, the state that I live in is the also the second safest in the country. I like that the town is quiet and I am able to walk to the town center without feeling threatened. My neighborhood is ideal for any family to raise their kids and the school systems are great. The only thing I do not like about my town is how expensive it is. My family struggles to pay for our house in the area where it would be much cheaper if it were in a different part of the country.
We were recently voted one of the safest towns to live in Massachussettes.
It is a very small rural suburban area. It has a good sense of community and is an extreamly safe place to live. The education sytem is strained because more people have recently moved there and an increased birthrate has lead to more students than they have resources to deal with. It can also get a little boring but if you have a car and enough time there is always something to find.
I HAVE A GREAT STATE REP. tHE GOVERNOR IS NEWLY ELECTED AND I DID VOTE FOR HIM BUT NEED TO WAIT AND SEE HOW HE DOES. I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN MY SENATOR,
NO VACANT OR ABANDONED HOUSES. WELL BUILT HOUSES AND GOOD UTILITIES.
NOT MANY NATIONAL PARKS. THERE ARE LOCAL AUDOBON PARK AREAS.
THERE ARE FOUR DISTINCT SEASONS : FALL/WINTER/SPRING/SUMMER. SNOW STORMS IN WINTER HAVE THE MOST EFFECT. YOU HAVE TO HAVE CLOTHING FOR ALL CONDITIONS FROM WARM TO COLD.
LOTS OF PUB FOOD LIKE 99PUB, OUTBACK, JAKE'N JOES, AND IRISH PUBS. THE MOST POPULAR ARE STEAK DISHES BUT PEOPLE LIKE VARIETY SO THEY ARE NOT BORED.
OVERALL JOB OUTLOOK IS FAIR. MOST JOBS INVOLVE SERVICE INDUSTRY LIKE HOSPITALS AND RESTAURANTS IN THE AREA. A MAJORITY OF THE WORKERS TRAVEL INTO BOSTON OR PROVIDENCE TO WORK IN BUSINESS,INSURANCE, AND FINANCIAL INVESTING COMPANIES.
I HAVE ALL THE CONVENIENCES WITHIN A FEW MILES. NO SERVICES LACKING.
New England... Winter, summer, and everything in between.
We're a small town, not much changes around here.
10 minutes from Gillette Stadium, 'nuff said. ;)
Start Your Review of Norfolk
Local government is pretty awesome. People are always looking out for each other and close enough to help out if need be.
People are great... Very accepting of all walks of life.
Our police force and firefighters are amazing... Not much to worry about safety-wise!