Newtown Reviews

Newtown is an amazing place to live. The sense of community is very strong and there are a ton of places to eat or hang out.
I've lived in Newtown for 8 years and have loved every day of it. The community is kind and warm and it has all of the resources you need, while nearby other resources in towns nearby such as Danbury. The schools are great as well.
Newtown is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. I think the town could do more to promote diversity. I also wish there were some greater variety of cultural and entertainment options. But for a relatively small town there is plenty to do if you pay attention and it's not difficult to get to New Haven, Hartford, Stamford CT or Boston or NYC.
Start Your Review of Newtown
The people in Newtown are some of the friendliest I've ever encountered. Everyone practically knows everyone and we're pretty tight-knit. The schools here are amazing and the staff are some of the best role models. While there isnt much to do in Newtown, the places it has are pretty good. Ferris Acres and the Holy Cow Ice Cream Shop have some of the best ice cream I've ever had. Our town hall is also a movie theater. It doesn't show new releases but it shows movies that will come to DVD before they release, and at a cheap price. If it wasn't for Newtown, I would be a very different person. I will definitely miss Newtown when I have to go to college.
Living in Newtown as a young adult has been hard. There are very little night life and entertainment options. It is a beautiful location surrounded by lush woods, farms, and filled with a great community.
I really enjoy the people here and how determined they are for change. Something I would change is the things there are to do around here. There isn't much to do except go to the diner. Also, there are too many banks and gas stations.
What I like about Newtown, Connecticut is that it is clean, friendly, and I feel very safe in the town. Every single person treats each other with respect and very neighborly, the town is beautiful and not cluttered with litter, and the law enforcement and town workers are super friendly, caring about our safety and well being. One thing I would like to see more of is more options to do in town for teenagers.
Not much to do, but overall very nice. Atmosphere of schools are okay, but the atmosphere of the town as a whole is great. People like to hang out at the local big y and dunkin donuts and the starbucks is great place to study. Ferris acres ice cream is always something we look forward to for the summer to reopen. Many nice pizza places like carminuccio's and blecher street pizza. Close to the local target in Bethel and walmart and the mall in Danbury.
Even though its recent history has been tragic, this town has nevertheless shown itself to be a nice place to live. It lies in a nice area between the busyness of the rest of fairfield country (such as Stamford) and the more removed parts of northern ct. While very much like a suburb, there are a great many nature spots, like Al's trail , which runs many miles through woods within the town, and a state forest.
Newtown,CT has allowed me to officially begin my career as an educator. Their schools are very kind, and knowledgeable in their fields of expertise. The staff is very supportive and dedicated to their students.
Newtown is as a whole, a wonderful town. For the most part, it is well maintained and the public schooling system is very good. I am currently a high school senior and I feel very fortunate to have grown up in this area. However, Newtown is a bit of a Caucasian bubble unreflective of the real world. If I had not also gone to school in New Haven, CT, and traveled in my life I may not have realized this. There are many students in Newtown who have not experienced life outside of the town, and can be bigoted. The students, at least in my experience are about 70% liberal and 30% conservative (15% of those being extremely conservative).
I have lived in Newtown, CT ever since I was born and I have loved it ever since I can remember. As I attended middle school during the Sandy Hook tragedy, I have grown to see that not only is Newtown extremely strong, but we have the ability to come together as a community and overcome the worst possible scenarios. Also, Newtown is a beautiful town with a lot of stuff to do with great people that are loving and caring. It is a little bit expensive to live here, but it is worth it. The sports are great, the people are great, and every part of it is beautiful.
Overall I think Newtown is an amazing place to grow up. There is an amazing school system and we are a very tight-knit community. Going through a tragedy like we did has made us so united and unbreakable. There are beautiful schools, community centers and fields here that are perfect for raising a family. This is a beautiful town and I am proud to call it home!
I loved growing up in Newtown! I lived in Newtown since I was in kindergarten. I loved my experience going through the school systems. I thought they did an extremely good job preparing me for college and giving me life skills that I will use forever.
Family friendly neighborhood. Public schools are excellent. However, taxes in Connecticut are very high.
Small town atmosphere, large town population, everyone knows everyone. Happy place to live, though expensive and not much to do in town. Nearby theaters, close to New york
Newtown is a great place to raise your children. Beautiful countryside and good schools. People care about each other here in Newtown.
Start Your Review of Newtown
It takes a while to get to know the people, but they are very compassionate and down to earth. The town is a mixture of incomes and backgrounds, although not much ethnic diversity. A great place to raise a family!
Newtown is one of the largest towns in the state with a small town feel. I've lived here nearly my whole life and can't imagine living anywhere else.
Newtown has been my home since I was born. I have grown up here, and this town will always be my home no matter how far away I am. The people are generally very friendly, but you can't escape that group of petty girls no matter where you go. Overall, Newtown has been a very nice town to live in. I would say it is very safe, and has only gotten safer with time.
It is going to be hard to part with this part of my life, but as I grow up, I have to move on to bigger things. Going to college is going to be a huge transition, and I'm very excited about that, but no where can ever replace Newtown. My first home.