Newtown Reviews

What I like about Newtown, Connecticut is that it is clean, friendly, and I feel very safe in the town. Every single person treats each other with respect and very neighborly, the town is beautiful and not cluttered with litter, and the law enforcement and town workers are super friendly, caring about our safety and well being. One thing I would like to see more of is more options to do in town for teenagers.
Not much to do, but overall very nice. Atmosphere of schools are okay, but the atmosphere of the town as a whole is great. People like to hang out at the local big y and dunkin donuts and the starbucks is great place to study. Ferris acres ice cream is always something we look forward to for the summer to reopen. Many nice pizza places like carminuccio's and blecher street pizza. Close to the local target in Bethel and walmart and the mall in Danbury.
Even though its recent history has been tragic, this town has nevertheless shown itself to be a nice place to live. It lies in a nice area between the busyness of the rest of fairfield country (such as Stamford) and the more removed parts of northern ct. While very much like a suburb, there are a great many nature spots, like Al's trail , which runs many miles through woods within the town, and a state forest.
Start Your Review of Newtown
Newtown,CT has allowed me to officially begin my career as an educator. Their schools are very kind, and knowledgeable in their fields of expertise. The staff is very supportive and dedicated to their students.
Newtown is as a whole, a wonderful town. For the most part, it is well maintained and the public schooling system is very good. I am currently a high school senior and I feel very fortunate to have grown up in this area. However, Newtown is a bit of a Caucasian bubble unreflective of the real world. If I had not also gone to school in New Haven, CT, and traveled in my life I may not have realized this. There are many students in Newtown who have not experienced life outside of the town, and can be bigoted. The students, at least in my experience are about 70% liberal and 30% conservative (15% of those being extremely conservative).
I have lived in Newtown, CT ever since I was born and I have loved it ever since I can remember. As I attended middle school during the Sandy Hook tragedy, I have grown to see that not only is Newtown extremely strong, but we have the ability to come together as a community and overcome the worst possible scenarios. Also, Newtown is a beautiful town with a lot of stuff to do with great people that are loving and caring. It is a little bit expensive to live here, but it is worth it. The sports are great, the people are great, and every part of it is beautiful.
Overall I think Newtown is an amazing place to grow up. There is an amazing school system and we are a very tight-knit community. Going through a tragedy like we did has made us so united and unbreakable. There are beautiful schools, community centers and fields here that are perfect for raising a family. This is a beautiful town and I am proud to call it home!
I loved growing up in Newtown! I lived in Newtown since I was in kindergarten. I loved my experience going through the school systems. I thought they did an extremely good job preparing me for college and giving me life skills that I will use forever.
Family friendly neighborhood. Public schools are excellent. However, taxes in Connecticut are very high.
Small town atmosphere, large town population, everyone knows everyone. Happy place to live, though expensive and not much to do in town. Nearby theaters, close to New york
Newtown is a great place to raise your children. Beautiful countryside and good schools. People care about each other here in Newtown.
It takes a while to get to know the people, but they are very compassionate and down to earth. The town is a mixture of incomes and backgrounds, although not much ethnic diversity. A great place to raise a family!
Newtown is one of the largest towns in the state with a small town feel. I've lived here nearly my whole life and can't imagine living anywhere else.
Newtown has been my home since I was born. I have grown up here, and this town will always be my home no matter how far away I am. The people are generally very friendly, but you can't escape that group of petty girls no matter where you go. Overall, Newtown has been a very nice town to live in. I would say it is very safe, and has only gotten safer with time.
It is going to be hard to part with this part of my life, but as I grow up, I have to move on to bigger things. Going to college is going to be a huge transition, and I'm very excited about that, but no where can ever replace Newtown. My first home.
Nice people, great food. Lots of nature. Great dog park. Excellent school system. Grew up in Newtown would never change.
I love the community in Newtown. Mostly friendly people who are welcoming and love helping others. Public school systems are fantastic, but there is not much to do in the town. If you are unable to drive, you will find yourself feeling very trapped. Regardless, Newtown is a great place to grow up and raise kids!
Newtown is a great place to raise children. Although there is not much to do, and even fast food is outlawed! Once you grow out of the local parks, if you don't play a sport you will find your afternoons empty.
Start Your Review of Newtown
People care in Newtown. There are a lot of programs in place in the community to combat bullying and encourage peace.
Newtown is a great community full of wonderful people. The school system is strong and although cost of living is higher, if you can afford it I would highly recommend living here.
The town has recently stepped up the game when it comes to safety. After the Sandyhook shooting in our town, very many new and necessary safety protocols have been put into place and the town feels more safe. we have a new firehouse and ambulance bay and the police station is right in the center of town making it accessible for everyone. This town feels safe and crime has never been an issue here.