Valley Village Reviews

My neighbors are all very welcoming and warm. Sometimes we have burglaries and other craziness but it’s LA still so what can you expect. But it’s a much quieter neighborhood and everyone is always walking their dogs. Plus it’s very close to the Noho arts district so there’s usually something to do.
Valley Village is a very quiet neighborhood! There are really good schools nearby (an elementary school, middle school, and high school), with great music programs for students. The neighbors are all really friendly, and there are lots of good supermarkets closeby.
It's a safer community than those around it which is great, however its definitely a suburb. Slightly dirty.
Start Your Review of Valley Village
I enjoy living here. It is close to studio city and those areas which are filled with fun things and shops to see or do.
I've lived here for 10 years and it has been very convenient and nice until recently. The neighborhood has changed quite a bit though. Crime has gone up and littering is a bigger problem. Traffic has also gotten worse. I still like the area but I am considering moving to a safer neighborhood with less traffic.
Valley Village is lovely when we first moved here, but since rent and real estate prices have gone through the roof so has the homeless problem. So a block away from a million dollar home are people panhandling in front of a dollar store.
This city is one of the best places in Los Angeles. You don't have to deal with the hustle and bustle of Hollywood every day, and you don't have to pay the high costs of North Hollywood.
I really appreciate the area I live. Neighbors are friendly, it's relatively safe, there's grocery stores nearby, and lots of shops and restaurants within a short distance.
I love this neighborhood. it is clean, friendly, and safe. You can walk around the neighborhood and see many other families around. There are great restaurants nearby, and we are very close to the freeway.
A great neighborhood with wonderful people, plus a local park and church. There's a preschool, elementary school, middle school and high school all in the area so there is really no problems in finding a place for kids.

The houses right now are being renovated and remodeled, and so are the shops and restaurants around here.

A lot of young families live in this area , and I would highly recommend this place!
Safe and nice neighborhood, I have not felt unsafe while living here so far, the only downside is public transport is a bit less accessible than in Van Nuys.
A great little area that has the feel of a small town right in the middle of Los Angeles. I wish there were more family-friendly restaurants close by.
This area is a very Jewish populated area. Although my family is not extremely religious, I think it is interesting to see the religious families walking to Temple on Saturdays for Shabbat. The area is overall clean and has some good places to eat.
It is close enough to the metropolitan Los Angeles area to be involved, yet far away from the metropolitan Los Angeles area to have peace. Valley Village is in between North Hollywood and Sherman Oaks and has all kind of wonderful places to explore. It is close to public transportation, schools, grocery stores, restaurants, cleaners, Dollar Tree, liquor stores, copy and print businesses. It is a wonderful place to raise your family and to have friends over. However, it can become quite busy with the police and fire department right down the street, but it is still all good.
Close to North Hollywood Arts District. Great eats. Nearby Trail for running long distances. Nearby Metro. Nearby hiking. Access to both 170 and 101 freeways.
Great area to live in. I have been living there for a few years now and everything is convenient. It feels safe during the day and night. People are also friendly.
I’ve lived in this neighborhood for the past two years. I live close to transportation to the orange line (metro), as well as the buses. The local park and library are fairly close by as well. North Hollywood High School is not too far where I live. I see High School students walking to and from school daily. The next block over is very different and so serene and is a great place to walk in to when summer nights is just right. The shops and restaurants are of walking distance from where I live. There is always something new to look forward to and the diversity of Valley Village is ever changing.