Sunset Park Reviews

Sunset park is friendly neighbor with plentiful events to celebrate as a community. There are many repairs and construction going on but the new and improved park brings joy to the kids living there. The public pool was one of my favorite places to go during my summer breaks. There are definitely more change going on in the neighborhood as new stores replaced old ones, bringing new things into this community. The neighbor has various ways to get around the places and for the most part suitable for middle and lower income families.
Perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect
Sunset Park is a Hispanic dominated neighborhood with a rich sense of culture and sense of home everywhere. The neighborhood is a large representation of Hispanic life and offers lots to its population. It's also the neighborhood of my childhood to the present.
Start Your Review of Sunset Park
I have lived in Sunset Park my whole life. I like how diverse Sunset Park is. I like that there are a lot of outdoor activities you can do, like head to the park or to Bush Terminal Park. I think the food is great! I like the Mexican cuisine. You can't beat tacos for $1.75. I like that if you walk over a couple of blocks, you go to Industry City where you can shop and grab a bite to eat!
Lived here for 4 years, hated it. Couldn’t walk outside at night because drunks would be walking around. During the day barely anybody works so they just sit outside and smoke or drink. During the weekend, 5th avenue is extremely crowded. Especially since every Mexican woman has at least 3 kids that she cannot control. Barely anyone who works at the stores speaks English.
I think that Sunset Park is a great place but it does have its flaws. For example, the neighborhood could be cleaned a bit more especially in the 8th ave area.
This place has been my home since 2 years. Not the most friendly neighborhood but still a place that I can call home because I have my friends living around here. There's no party scene. The food isn't all that great either. But connectivity to Manhattan is good because I live on the express subway line.
It's a large community of Asians, Hispanics, and Jewish people. It has been progressing in development over the years.
I have lived in Sunset Park for over two years. I have always felt safe and my neighbors are very nice. My only complaint is the lack of nightlife.
Sunset Park is my home, and has my favorite park in all of New York! You always hear music, conversations, and know that the people of this neighborhood are hard working, loving, joyful family people.
I live in a shelter in sunset park the environment is soothing it very quiet the area is very nice. It not to far from Manhattan 45 minute tops by train ride
It's pretty good. I've lived there for 16 years and only recently moved because my family found an affordable house in Woodhaven. Most people are friendly in the neighborhood and Sunset Park, the park itself, is a great place to hang out and socialize. The whole community has a sort of homely, cozy feel to it. In the winter, there will be kids and adults shoveling snow outside and talking about the weather. In the summer, many barbecues and other events would happen around the neighborhood and it's pretty nice to be around all the action.
I have been living in Sunset Park Brooklyn NY for more than 5 years. This is the Latino and Chinese major neighborhood. The 5th Ave has all kinds of grocery stores and many authentic Latino style restaurants. The 8th Ave is absolutely Chinese style area. You'll see Chinese characters everywhere, many Chinese authentic restaurants, fresh fruit and meat markets, and fancy and interesting festivals during Chinese festivals. Yet, the cost is relatively cheaper in this area. The rent is about $500 a room per month. Housing is alright but better condition compared to Manhattan. The subway and bus systems fully cover this area, the public transportation is very convenient. Weather wise, Sunset Park is humid in Summer, cold in Winter, very comfortable during Spring and Autumn. This area is close to the fun area in Manhattan and the beaches in Coney Island.
Sunset Park is known to have hispanic and asian residents but in reality it is very diverse. There is a variety of restaurants and shops in every block. Bush terminal park is located in Sunset Park and it offers a beautiful view of the city and it also has many sport courts.
Sunset Park is such a great neighborhood that i have been living for more than 19 years. It is diverse from People that come from many different places of the world, such as; Mexican, PuertoRican, Salvadorian, Dominicans, etc.. Everyday i just see my community as a big happy family, everyone contributes to the community by working hard so they can keep food on the table and a roof on top for their own family. People also gather around in food trucks at night, their would be these delicious tacos by 5avenue and there's never a day, in which that spot is empty.My friends and families are near by me and that just makes me feel happy and safer because i am surrounding by my love ones. My Community works so hard into making Sunset Park a better and safer place in order to prepare future neighbors.
Definitely less crime around than when I was younger.
Can't wait to move back to Sunset after graduation.
Start Your Review of Sunset Park
The crime has gone down.
The area is very nice the crime rate seems to be getting better.
Its fairly safe over here.