Skyline-Paradise Hills Reviews

Paradise Hills across the bridge from plaza bonita mall has a really good neighborhood, very quiet, a lot of old people and friendly neighbors.
I’ve enjoyed growing up in Skyline-Paradise hills area. Many points offer great views of downtown San Diego and Coronado Bridge. Although, the neighborhood environment may have its issues, gangs, crime, drugs etc. it still remained a nice part of San Diego.
Im a Skyline native, born and raised. I have had no troubles here my entire life. Its quiet, but not too far of a drive from the downtown hype. Besides, most of the good parties aren't too far away. There is a trolley station 5 minutes from my house (62nd and Encanto) that takes me to downtown in 20 minutes. There is a bus station even closer. UBER is not a problem. The food is great.
Start Your Review of Skyline-Paradise Hills
It kind of needs remodeling, but the neighborhood is nice and quiet. Many local and good businesses nearby.
A lot of people look down on Southeast San Diego, but I don't get mad at people for that. Most of the time it's a result the way the media portrays our neighborhoods thru the news, the internet, or on the newspapers. If that's all you saw about us, then you would assume that Southeast San Diego is just a home to criminals, gang members, poor schools, and the low income. These people don't walk among us every day, they don't know Mario, they've never been to ish clothing, they don't know the front lady at the barrel on imperial, they know nothing of us. Southeast San Diego may not be Beverly Hills but there's a sense of family here. I run into people I know all the time. I hear about drama from people two neighborhoods away. I play basketball with people from every neighborhood.
Skyline-Paradise Hills is a wonderful place to go for a neighborhood walk. In certain areas you can see all the way to downtown, and on a clear day, watching the sunset over the ocean in the distance is simply breathtaking. Parkside Neighborhood Park is a very well kept and welcoming place to have a party or simply relax. It's refreshing to see kids and adults alike playing at the basketball court or enjoying a game of soccer in the grass. I would love to see the community come together with a charity event to assist those in need, creating an even greater sense of contentedness in the area.
There are gang-affiliated areas, but the community overall is close and considerate. It is a diverse community ranging from blacks to Mexicans and Asians. This community has a long history and a lot of the neighbors have been here for decades. Overall it brings a nostalgic feeling of San Diego in the 90's.
Paradise Hills is the neighborhood I was born and raised in, located in the South Eastern part of San Diego, off the 805 South and 54 East, exit ReoDr./Parkside . Like they say there is no place like home, I will always love it and cherish my memories growing up. Before reviewing my neighborhood, when I searched it came up as Skyline-Paradise Hills, which I guess is how the internet recognizes it. While Paradise Hills and Skyline share borders, they are considered two separate communities by the people who reside in the communities. Growing up was not for the faint hearted back in the 1990's, It was different, now it is cleaned up and growing into a model community. I live in the East County of San Diego now, but still go back to see my family and friends, and it is looking good, with family, business, and opportunity all growing and on the rise, thank the community for caring, working together, and making "Paradise Hills" a greater place to live
MY PARADISE HILLS LOCATION IS A WELL ESTABLISHED, NICE QUIET NEIGHBORHOOD, PUBLIC PARK CLOSE BY BUT NOT THE BEST, SEVERAL NICE LIBRARIES, OF WHICH ONE IS NEW. COMMUNITY LOOKS OUT FOR EACH OTHER. ELEMENTARY, JUNIOR HIGH AND HIGH SCHOOLS CONVENIENTLY LOCATED. LOW CRIME INDEX TOTAL COMPARED TO OTHER AREAS. NEIGHBORING AREAS ARE NATIONAL CITY, BONITA, AND SPRING VALLEY.
The housing is a great price and it's very quiet and civil. There is no crime at all and we are all safe, there are security guards that rotate through out the day to ensure our saftey.
I've grown up in the area , what I can say is you have your typical suburban neighborhood from the looks but far from ordinary. Not many jobs and retail in the area . Overall quite although the area has its share of gang violence.
I chose to do a review on this city because I grew up here as a child til I graduated high school. This was a tough neighborhood to live in when dealing with gang violence and streets filled with drugs. As cliche as it may sound I found my sanctuary from the negativy that surrounded me in sports. Every day I would go to the rec center and shoot hoops until they kicked me out then I would continue to play on my broken down hoop in front of the houses. I've since moved out of there and lived in somewhat safer places but I pray that the area will one day be a safe and positive area to live with better schools, parks, and activities. Though it was a dangerous area it made me stronger living in "Southeast Daygo" because it gave me the strength to not quit or back down, forget what people think of me and focus on what I think of myself.
i like this area because it is clean and makes me feel safe for my family
Crime is not a big issue here.
The community is very peaceful.
Overall, Paradise Hills isn't exactly the cleanest or most modernized are in San Diego. However, growing up here for the past 17 years of my life has formed my character. I am a hard-working, responsible, and dependable person who understands the importance of his values and culture. I believe that living in Paradise Hills has helped me reach this point.
they can improve on the street lights
Start Your Review of Skyline-Paradise Hills
my experience has been the same, nothing has changed
From my house, I dont see any suspicious activity.
I sometimes walk around the neighborhood and it'd always be a little bit windy near nightfall and its very nice.