Sherman Oaks Reviews

Sherman Oaks is close enough to greater LA to make the commute tolerable, yet far enough away to have nice neighborhoods and still be affordable. Rents are reasonable and there are parks and quiet streets, plenty of parking, Sherman Oaks Galleria for shopping and movies and all varieties of restaurants along Ventura Blvd. From Castle batting cages and mini-golf to the best sushi you can get at Iroha, it's altogether a pretty awesome place to chill or go out and have some fun =]
It is a nice part of Los Angeles County. It is close to all parts of the valley and city. It is near a good business area on Ventura Blvd. and near to Burbank. The homes are nice and the area is quiet. There are several nice parks in the area.
So many restaurants. It is safe. Beautiful but a lit bit expensive. It is a green environment. There are a lot of late night restaurants. So many local stores. So many sushi bars. There is a 24-hour resuarant here other than McDonalds. I love this area and it is not crowded.
Start Your Review of Sherman Oaks
Sherman Oaks is a great town to live in. I grew up in a near by city and moved to Sherman Oaks as an adult. One of my favorite things about Sherman Oaks is just taking a walk down Ventura Blvd. I have met so many different kinds of people, from different walks of life here. It is truly a diverse place to live in.
It's a very nice neighborhood that is rather safe. It can be expensive considering it is a higher end neighborhood with a high upperclass population, but the safety and environment is worth it. Sherman Oaks is also very close to Studio City, Van Nuys, Encino, and it is a quick drive to go through the canyons to Beverly Hills and Hollywood.
Love Sherman Oaks for its proximity to many other areas of Los Angeles and environs, with the 101 and 405 freeways close by. Sherman Oaks has a great public library, park and pool, with Lake Balboa recreation nearby. There are many shops, restaurants and services in the area. Treelined streets and good schools. OK, it's hot in the summer!
Sherman Oaks is by far my favorite city in the greater Los Angeles area. Lots of families in a safe neighborhood, but also a duality in the sense that there are still a lot of young hip people too and many places to hang out whether it be local or going right over the hill into “the city”.
Easy access to freeways, transit, San Fran, Coast and Downtown San Jose. Restaurants, Shops within walking distance.
Sherman Oaks was the best area to grow up in. The schools there, both public and private provided me a great education and opportunities for involvement in the community. The area as a whole is great, including the parks, restaurants and other activities for families and groups of friends to enjoy.
Honestly, Sherman Oaks is the best place I've ever lived in. I just got engaged, and it's such a great place to set some roots. The very first day I took a tour of my current apartment, I actually met Rev. Run! He saw me carrying my guitar while out with his wife and told me to "Keep playing brotha' I'll see you soon." Right before he settled his wife into the passenger seat, slid into his all black Range Rover, and pulled off. The funny part, is I'm actually a very talented musician, and to this day- he hasn't heard me play a lick.
I have lived in Sherman Oaks all of my life. I enjoyed growing up here. There are good shops, movie theaters, coffee shops nearby. Sadly over the years there has been a rise in homelessness in Sherman Oaks, I would like to see that change.
Sherman Oaks is a safe area with much to offer in the realm of recreation. Plenty of restaurants, parks, and shopping centers call Sherman Oaks their home! A great city for families.
Sherman Oaks is a great town with a lot of options for dining and more and more bars and nightlife options. Fair amount of health conscientious choices between food and fitness classes as well. The biggest issues are the expensive real estate and difficult commuting times to get out of the town during peak hours.
I love Sherman Oaks, it is a city that i feel safe and at home in. It has a young and upcoming vibe to it and has a lot to offer as far as night life and walkable streets/shopping. The only thing i would like to change is how much traffic there is.
It's a great little pocket in the valley. It has everything one would need to raise a healthy family and it's not too far from the amenities that Los Angeles has to offer.
Very close to everything you might need and pretty safe compared to other areas. People are for the most part nice.
Sherman Oaks is an amazing place to live. It is full of different people from their beautiful ethnically diverse backgrounds. There is essentially a place for every type of person to feel comfortable with their own hobbies. In my experience, the neighborhoods are safe and full of kids playing with each other. Anyone can feel accepted and "at home". I, myself, attended Sherman Oaks Elementary Charter as a child, and it serves as a foundation of some of my fondest memories.
Start Your Review of Sherman Oaks
Clean and safe neighborhood to live, more affordable than other parts of LA. Great restaurants, bars, and night life on Ventura Blvd. Traffic sucks, especially during morning rush hour...takes me 45 minutes to drive one mile from my apartment to the 405 freeway entrance.
I like the family environment it has yet I am very close to the city and am able to get anywhere in not more than 30 minutes.It is safe and great place to live. I really enjoy residing in Sherman Oaks.
Sherman Oaks is a very chill area in the San Fernando Valley. There is plenty to do while also still having nice neighborhoods. Never had major issues with safety except for some minor break-ins where nothing was stolen.