Shaw Reviews

We’ve been here for 10 years and can’t say enough great things about the neighborhood. We have amazing neighbors who we trust with our kids and keys to the house, celebrate holidays, volunteer at the Art fair, have block parties and even clean the alleys together. Summer time is the best time here because there is so much to do within walking distance: on Mondays there are free concerts in Tower grove park, on Wednesdays free jazz concerts at the Botanical garden, then it’s food truck Fridays in the park, Saturdays have the best in town Farmers market in tower grove park with free yoga and life music. There are also amazing Japanese festival, Chinese festival and Festival of Nations, all that within walking distance. I don’t know if there is any other neighborhood that has the same amount of activities. Not to mention the amount of green space you are surrounded by. Love it!
The crime rate is a little high but if you're cautious you should be fine. Great central location. I enjoy the architecture and the proximity to Tower Grove South and the Southwest Garden neighborhoods in addition to the proximity to Saint Louis University. Great public transport. Close to the Metro and bus stops nearby.
The Shaw neighborhood has become a fairy sought after neighborhood in St. Louis. There are several things that I love about this neighborhood. The location is prime - there are shops, bars, and restaurants in walking distance. You are a five minute drive from downtown, Soulard, or the Central West End. You also have the Tower Grove Park and Botanical Gardens!
Start Your Review of Shaw
I love the community it is very friendly.