Roxbury Reviews

Having grown up in Roxbury I´ve seen very little change and growth in my city! One thing I would like to have seen change is the way people greet and meet each other. My explanation of this is the way people treat each other now because now a days its terrible you cant even say hello to someone with out being pushed around or with out them wanting to fight you!
Roxbury is up and coming. What i would love to see is our people remain in our neighborhood and grow instead of being pushed out with no choice.
I live on Blue Hill Avenue and I can only look forward to the fact this area is supposed to redone. Of course raising prices and running all the minorities out, but that's a given.
Start Your Review of Roxbury
My experience living in Roxbury has been interesting to say the least. I feel more connected with my community simply living here, as Roxbury has been a major catalyst and movement for change. Though we have a lot to improve on (just as other communities), I feel that more change would be effective if the change was actually left to the members of this community instead of bigger organizations who are just trying to make a profit. We have so much more to offer.
Roxbury is changing fast to meet the springing population and demands of the downtown Boston workforce. Homes are being bought and renovated, brownstones are being brought back to life and home-buyers are reinvigorating their charm with modern decor and upscale ambiance. There is an old school, hardworking diverse attitude with older blue collar residents that remains in this urban setting which keeps Roxbury grounded and determined to succeed.
The culture of Roxbury (being very pro-black) is what I love about this gorgeous city the most. We have a Frederick Douglass memorial, a Malcolm x memorial, and a housing system named after Nelson Mandela. What i would like to see change is the amount of gun violence in my area.
Roxbury has its ups and downs as any other neighborhood. There are specific spots such as Dudley that are less advantaged and have the less fortunate people who are mental issued, on drugs and homeless but there are places that are less violent and uphold the view of what society considers "not hood-like"
the neighborhood itself if very diverse. I love that right around where I live there are a lot of hispanics just like me. but the crime is crazy. people are getting shot and stabbed in broad daylight. everything is close by so it is good but the only thing that really sucks about the neighborhood is the crime.
I like how connected everyone is to each other. I dont like how busy it is during the day especially during rush hour, it's unbearable.
I love the diversity, culture, and history of Roxbury. I've grown up in Roxbury all my life and have grown to love and appreciate the essence of my neighborhood. I only wish it wasn't so unsafe and dangerous and so EXPENSIVE to live around.
I love roxbury because their is a community of member who Is willing to help those who are in need for assistance.
I've been living in Roxbury my whole life. Roxbury has gone through a lot of positive changes since I've become an adult now. Conveniently located next to schools/colleges, public transportation, hospitals/clinics, grocery stores, and restaurants. I also love the diversity of the residents. The only problem is with gentrification.
Roxbury is my home, and has been for most of my life. It is quickly and shamelessly being gentrified! My concern is that if affordable housing goes away, so will the diversity. The houses here reach up to the millions in costs, and rents are way out of control. These things put me a little on edge.

Also, I rated the schools, but my children are not in Boston Public Schools, because they have a record of being very poor. I am also not certain about the job market in Roxbury, because it's been years since I have worked right in my own neighborhood.
I love this neighborhood as it is filled with bars, restaurants, movie theaters, and so much more. The streets are always busy with college students and you can hear Fenway in the distance! Not very welcoming at night so I always use the buddy-system, but still a great place to live.
Roxbury is a great location for students. Northeastern, NEC, Berkley, and a whole bunch of other colleges are only one or two T stops away. The cost of living is lower also, which has been great. It's not really a family-oriented neighborhood, but there are still a number of families in the area. The night life isn't the safest. I've been followed home a couple times. Not fun. And graffiti is common at night. Definitely a pain. But for Boston as a whole, it's a good spot to be.
Roxbury is a beautiful neighborhood with a diverse demographic of people. Many folks have lived there for multiple decades with their families, and their children have gone to BPS. While it is given a bad rap for its safety, there is a strong community of people who are committed to improving the crime situation by investing in youth and in the organizations that are making change happen there.
It is close to the orange line; there are bus stops everywhere, but we need better restaurants around the neighborhood instead of junk food
Start Your Review of Roxbury
I live in Roxbury, Ma for about ten years and I living in this town has been a blessing because of it's accessibility to the city and many other things such as diversity, job opportunities, and colleges.
I have been living in Roxbury Ma for the past 6 years and my experience has been both good and bad. I have been safe living there, however, most of the shootings are within close reach to where I live. While it did not personally affect me, it was and has been a major concern to my and my family and friends safety. I would like more help within the community. Help those youths out of schools to learn trades, offer work and education in these communities. This can eliminate robberies and give them a chance for a better life.
I've lived here for 2 years now and I have enjoyed my time here immensely. Roxbury/ Boston is very small and remote to get around. The community I live in is very close knit and I have access to all of my resources on a daily basis. I would recommend Roxbury to anyone looking to move to Boston. It is affordable and a great place to live.