Ridgewood Reviews

not a safe area, poor quality of schools , no quality restaurants , poor transportation, not a place to raise a family, absolutely terrible supermarkets, 99% are attached homes and are not well maintained with high rent for small spaces.
I have been living in Ridgewood for 29 years of my life. The area is a great area for people who are in there 20s to 30s and its great for older to have a family. The schools that i attended were decent. The only thing i feel that the schools should work on more is providing proper guidance to teach and educate the students. There are some teachers that are there for a paycheck. Then there are some teachers that really want to see a change in the students and are wiling to try there best to make that happen. There is another problem that i am noticing in my area. Housing cost has rising up more than ever. This old time neighborhood that was once affordable now you cant buy or even rent unless you are making a six figure salary. IT is sad because these small communities are great but they are not pushing out the working class and the poor.
I lived in Ridgewood, NY for two years. It was my starter apartment in New York City, and I feel grateful to have found such a great place to live. The neighborhood was very family friendly, full of children playing on the streets especially on hot summer days. There was not a lot of nightlife in Ridgewood, but there were grocery stores and many good restaurants. All in all, it was a pretty decent experience.
Start Your Review of Ridgewood
Ridgewood has probably been one of the most diverse neighborhoods I've lived in. Being on the borderline with Queens and Brooklyn is extremely cool. There are different kinds of foods everywhere from different cultural backgrounds. Ridgewood neighbors are extremely friendly and always there to help a hand. Although commuting is kind of tricky, where the L line is one of the only transport, the line is super fast to commute to Manhattan. Usually, the train takes 20 minutes max without delay. Supermarkets are also within walking distance. Usual areas are quiet, but if you want some fun and a little shopping stop by in Bushwick which is right next to Ridgewood.
Very friendly neighborhood. majority of the population is families with young children. about 4 schools in the area. many shops and stores. Rent is still pretty high.
I love Ridgewood because it's the perfect borderland between Brooklyn and Queens. It has a residential feel with lots of things to do and a significant young population. It's close enough to midtown thanks to the L train but still removed from the hecticness of Manhattan life. Move her or visit for the restaurants (Julia's; Garlic to the Chicken; Super Pollo), the bars, the street fairs and stay for the people and BOOM ass groceries especially Valentinos!!!!
I have lived in Ridgewood, Queens for 12 years. Most neighbors are friendly and quiet. There is are plenty of stores. There is a lot of transportation available. It is very diverse.
I have lived in Ridgewood my entire life. It truly is a nurturing type neighborhood where you know your neighbors. The local park here is constantly flooded with people and it makes for a homey environment.
It was a great neighborhood to be in as a child. It was definitely family friendly, safe and most part clean. The aparments were nice and railroad style.
My experience in Ridgewood is been great. Their are many store like Food Bazaar, Deli. The communities is filled with bright individual who want to pursue their education and be the best version of themselves.
been living here ever since i was born. everyone knows each other very friendly neighbors. great restaurants and extremely huge supermarkets. in addition to this there are many corner store wont be clinically depressed needing to buy a bacon egg cheese or weather you need a toilet paper the corner sores would be very clutch with a couple feet of a walk
I love how safe the neighborhood is. You would not feel entirely in danger if you walk alone at night. One thing that I would like to see changed is lack of bike lanes. As a frequent user of my bicycle, I do not feel safe on commutes as there are minimal bike lanes in the neighborhood.
Ridgewood is like having the convince of living in the city (Manhattan) with the luxury of affordable rent. I have lived in Ridgewood since the age of of 13 and I can say it has been a great place to become of age. This neighborhood
has everything you need at walking distance and the comfortability of feeling safe any time of the day. The best part of it all is having public transportation that will have you in the city in 20 mins. Through out the years I've lived in this neighborhood it has only gotten better.
Very diverse neighborhood. People are always so courteous and friendly.
I worked in a Ridgewood supermarket for five years and i have to say that life there is amazing. i just love how diverse the neighborhood is
I grew up in Ridgewood, and I have always appreciated it's diversity and feeling of community. I consider it an excellent neighborhood in which to raise a family; there are multiple elementary and middle schools in the area, as well as the neighborhood's main zone high school. There are two main shopping centers, where most of the shopping options are affordable and a diverse array of food is available. It is accessible to Brooklyn and Manhattan via the M and L train lines, and to other neighborhoods in Queens via the many bus routes that pass through the area. Ridgewood certainly operates at a slower pace than most New York City neighborhoods. At this stage in my life, I couldn't imagine living elsewhere.
In close connection to the Bushwick Community, the Ridgewood community provides a sense of family on every block. Whether it is neighbors sharing diverse cuisine with each other and saving parking spots for each other, or residents attending gift wrapping sessions for children in welfare, it is clear that everyone wants to help one other succeed in any category which I admire.
Ridgewood is near the borderline of Brooklyn and Queens, therefore, we are able to experience much diversity
Start Your Review of Ridgewood
Ridge wood is a wonderful section of Queens which has a lot to offer to its residents such as: multiple train lines and business, variety in cuisine, diversity of people, and convinence to Manhattan.
Better than Brooklyn. Quieter (although it's still New York). People plant gardens. Very laidback. You'll recognize your neighbors.
I have lived in Ridgewood for all of my life. I have seen it go from terrible to fairly well in the past few years. Gentrification has really had a way with the neighborhood. There are more adult-friendly places to eat, drink and hang out. Weekend nights are still on the border of unsafe because people now have more places to go in the late evening. It can be noisy on weekend nights especially if you live near the corner like I do. It is very diverse which I believe is very important. There are many public schools within walking distance in Ridgewood. The popular avenue, Myrtle Avenue, has much to offer the residents of Ridgewood. Rent and the cost of living as skyrocketed especially with gentrification seeping its way into the neighborhood. Some people think gentrification is beneficial, while others do not. No matter what happens, I do not plan to ever leave where I live now. I enjoy being so close to Manhattan, which is only a 30-minute commute by train. I love Ridgewood.