Preston Hollow Reviews

I have lived in Preston Hollow my whole life and have loved every minute of it. The people in the neighborhood are kind and welcoming. The area is great, with a close proximity to many different stores within walking range. It is safe and a wonderful place to live.
This is a great neighborhood with lots of walking trails, parks, very nice shopping. I like living in this neighborhood and meeting my neighbors
Nice neighbors, low crime, central location, great schools too! Many choose private schools so our local schools have several transfers. They are all very engaged families and get along with neighborhood kids. We love it here!
Start Your Review of Preston Hollow
I have lived in Preston Hollow for over 10 years. I love the neighborhood it is safe quiet and centrally located. Near down town and uptown.
I have had an unfortunate experience with the crime in this neighborhood. My car has been broken into and everything was stolen. It made me realize that everywhere you go there are people who are not the best... In other words, always be aware of your surroundings. I called the police but it seemed as they only care about "serious" crimes. If there was a murder, assault but not a break in. The people stole a phone which we were tracking but eventually lost connection, an hour later. It took the police two hours to arrive at my house. I see them around all the time but when you need them they seem to disappear.
In my personal opinion, though I do enjoy the area and the areas culture, there is some people who live here with the thought of nothing but materialistic things. I wish people would get out of their own heads and embrace what is all happening around them. If we were to focus on the areas around that need "help", we could insure that the area would increase in population and the quality of life would be even better.
I think this is a great place for families who are raising children. It is a convenient location in relation to many private schools, grocery stores, and other shopping areas. For newly married or single life, this would not be where I want to live.
The job market is average.
Everything anyone could possibly need is convenient, close-by, and great quality.
The weather is never too bad, so there isn't too much to deal with. High winds from storms and the occasional tornado are the biggest issue with damage.
It's quite expensive, but you do get what you pay for. The area is beautiful, but the people generally go home to relax and be away from work, and not to interact with their neighbors and stuff. Perhaps this is a bit of an over-generalization, but it's what I have found to be true.
Business is booming in this area, and you can find anything you need within a few miles.
It depends upon what you're trying to do. Dallas can be a great place to work if you are in the business sector.