Pleasant Grove Reviews

I give this neighbor hood a 3 because I have been here 3 years and there have been about the same amount of pros and cons.
My experience living in this area for the most part has been positive. I do however think it is because my parents did not allow me to socialize much with my peers. The neighborhood is tough. My family was adamant we kept to ourselves and stay out of trouble. I think the most critical change to the community would have to be encouragement for young children to stay in school.
Pleasant grove is a small area within Dallas that can use more recreational centers for the youth. The crime and gangs are high and the community needs to be more involved with one another. This is the change that is needed to bring our community together and get the children out of the streets.
Start Your Review of Pleasant Grove
I love Pleasant grove because its right smack in the middle of any major highway. Not too mention a Taco stand on every corner! If you grew up in the "PG" that means you know everyone and everyone knows you, Family inside every store!
Although pleasant grove is a rough place ,once you get to know the place , its is actually quite friendly. The people here in pleasant grove are mostly retired elderly people, but at night time , you don't wanna be outside because there are young teenagers who come around neighborhoods shooting and causing all types of chaos for the whole neighborhood.
On average not bad as it use to be but alot has changed. The area needs improvement from streets and homes which has approved in October 2017 by the city of Dallas. Pleasant grove needs the city of Dallas support. Other areas of Dallas are growing and changing and its time for it to happen here. No one is safe from crime these days.
What I like about Pleasant grove is that everything is close to you wherever you go. If a person likes to go to the park there's are plenty to choose from. The same thing with libraries, food places, gas stations, and public services in general.
Pleasant Grove is a very low income area. The streets and houses are in terrible conditions, as well as some the facilities there. It's also dangerous to be outside at night, especially if you ae alone. From my personal experience of living for four years there, I heard gunshots most nights for the first few nights and had trouble sleeping. after a while I became used to it and it did not bother me. however, many of my friends' houses were shot at or broken into, and I had my parents truck broken into once as well. It is a risky place to be located in, but sometimes one does not have a choice as it is very cost efficient to live there. I would advise to be prepared for anything, and to be safe as possible.
Pleasant Grove is actual a great community. Crime is kinda high in my neighborhood, but I live with it. There is much more the pain here. There are churches and organizations here reaching out and helping the community. There isn't much to do in pleasant grove, but work. There are many fast food places to work at plus a lot of fine dining venues and warehouse jobs in the neighboring area.
I like the memories I have of Pleasant Grove growing up with my grandma. She would take my sisters and I to eat, help others in need, and to church growing up. Once I grew up she became quite ill and was not able to drive and I would drive her to go eat, help people in need and to church. She has since passed but the memories of the neighborhood and her remain.
As for change, it has changed quite a bit over the years. Most of the businesses are locally owned I would like to see a few chain businesses come this way such as Cane's Chicken and Starbucks!
The neighborhood is very peaceful. I have heard a lot of negative things about the neighborhood, but honestly I do not think that any of the statements made are true. In my area, it is a peaceful place. There is hardly any transit so it is quiet.
I like the familiarity of the area and the closeness of places. I would like to see a bit more diversity and healthy options (e.g. vegan/vegetarian friendly places)
When I first moved to Pleasant Grove it was surprisingly a quiet and lovely place to live. The violence has since increased and the police presence has decrease. I would like to see a stronger police presence and some sort of neighborhood watch implemented.
Very bad neighborhood, it is very hard to stay motivated when there is so much going on in this community.
In this neighborhood it is very violent and crime related.As an individual i love Pleasant Grove even though it has bad connotations. Most of the people are friendly and regular people. Also i go to high school in the neighborhood which is convenient and easy to do things in school like extracurricular activities
What I like about Pleasant Grove is that it offers opportunities to students that are in a lower social class since it gives them an opportunity to get college credit while still in high school.
Pleasant Grove can sometimes not live up to its name. Although it is the place in which I grew up in, I don't like it all that much. There are many things that I would change if I could. It is all about the hustle here, but not in a good way. I would love to see people fight for their education, instead of fighting for unnecessary reasons. There is a lot of things that I would like to see improve here.
Start Your Review of Pleasant Grove
Hi everyone, Niche is a scholarship website that is very easy to have access to and roam around. I liked the fact that there are countless of scholarship opportunities in just one website. Niche organizes all scholarship opportunities peculiar to your profile characteristics. As such, one only has to click and apply to countless of scholarship opportunities. It is a very easy process, applying for scholarships has never been easier! Join Niche and begin applying!
it is a very small place. It is not very safe, the stereotypes are very sad. This neighborhood isn't the prettiest and I wish the people would take the time to be more consider of it.
There have been small crimes nothing major. I do however, hear gun shots every night.