Playa del Rey Reviews

Love this little beach town! Best kept secret in Los Angeles :) Close to the beach and close to the airport. Very nice people and family friendly.
I like that it is quiet in Playa del Rey, however I moved from Santa Monica and I am used to being able to walk to nice restaurants and coffee shops and there aren't that many here to walk to. The restaurants are very limited and happen to all be quite noisy with pretty decent food and pricing. My car and my boyfreind's care were broken into and it seems to be a common problem at night people come in and steal from cars which makes me feel unsafe. It is a further commute into Santa Monica College which I also don't like. It is pretty quiet though and if you're looking for a place with more affordable rent that is close to LAX as well as the beach it could be a good fit for you.
I absolutely love this area. It's very close to the Marina and numerous beachees and has the culture and vibes of LA. Best thing is that Playa doesn't have the famous LA traffic that every talks about. The schools are very diverse and the neighborhoods are relatively safe. Food and activities are endless. Out of all the places I've lived around the country and abroad, Playa Del Rey is my favorite home so far!
Start Your Review of Playa del Rey
Very pleasant place next to the ocean. its quiet and virtually no traffic. You do not feel like you're in the city when you live here. Only down side may be the airplanes if you pay attention to them.