Palms Reviews

I'm located just off the 10 Freeway on Overland so there's easy access to all of Los Angeles and the West Side. There's a Coffee Bean right down the street too so I'm very happy to have my coffee there instead of at a Starbucks. It's a great up and coming area for young people with restaurants and bars.
I like the location as it is between Santa Monica and Downtown. The area is quiet and it is pretty clean. The only thing: there is a lot of construction going on constantly.
Palms is a fairly quiet, West Los Angeles community consisting mostly of small to medium sized apartment buildings with an ethnically diverse mix of professionals and families. It is located between Culver City, Mar Vista, Century City and Cheviot Hills. The Metro stop at the Palms/Exposition/National intersection is a convenient transportation option for heading west to Santa Monica or east to Downtown L.A. and beyond. There are some buildings where you can still find rent control, if anyone will ever move out. Many new residential buildings and businesses have popped up in Palms since 2013. I recently went to a community event to paint a large mural along Overland Avenue where many of the local residents came out to help. The Palms Neighborhood Council was pleasantly surprised with the turnout and the event finished hours before expected! The longer I live in Palms, the more I love the neighborhood and I do not plan on leaving anytime soon.
Start Your Review of Palms
Palms is a great, convenient neighborhood to live in. With easy access to the Expo Line metro, residence are able to easily get to Downtown LA or the beach at Santa Monica within 30 minutes. Lots of grocery stores and restaurants, and proximity to Culver City is a huge plus.
Good place for an upcoming 20 something. Not over priced for the location. It is LA so traffic and parking will always be bad but this location helps it a little by being about 10miles from everything. I wouldn't consider raising a family here. There isn't much for safety and drivers on the streets. The kids that do live in this area are always indoors.