Downtown Brooklyn Reviews

Too much bars and clubs opened up in the area. Every Friday and Saturday is crowded and noisy. It needs to go back to being more family friendly like it used to be.
I love that Downtown Brooklyn is not as busy as Manhattan seems to be. The food is great here no matter what you're in the mood in. There is the Barclays Center close by, as well as a few schools and hospitals. The shopping here is a nice touch!
Brooklyn is my home.. I love fort Greene.. the landmarks.. ps67 is the first black school.. fort Greene park was an actual fort.. slave burial ground as well
Start Your Review of Downtown Brooklyn
Downtown Brooklyn is a very attractive setting for families to visit, meetings in the park, and BBQs with neighbors.
Diverse and rich with a variety of practicly every culture you can think of with mazing foods of every cusine.
Downtown Brooklyn is an up and coming neighborhood in the city. A lot of growth is changing the feel of the neighborhood but mostly in positive ways. Crime is down, businesses are moving in, and this mini-Manhattan is starting to make its mark.
Downtown Brooklyn is an amazing place to be. I attend college in Downtown Brooklyn, and it was a great choice. I think it is a place of convenience. Within a few blocks away in all directions, you will find clothing store, shopping centers, food, attractions such as the Brooklyn/Manhattan Bridge. If you are young, it is the place to be. There are a lot of people in Downtown Brooklyn but it isn't overpopulated like Manhattan. It makes for comfortable living. All of the stores close around 11pm-12am. There is also every train you can think of which makes for easy traveling if you have an internship, a job, or if you want to visit family out of town.
There are so many things you can do in Downtown Brooklyn. There are stores everywhere so this is the place to do your shopping. You hungry? There are many places to choose from like Shake Shack, 99 cent pizza, Chipotle and many more.
everything is accessible and available to residents. schools, parks, bodegas, restaurants, malls, public transit (lirr, subway, buses), lots of green, family orientated.
Downtown Brooklyn is a changing and vibrant neighborhood. I have been apart of this community for 5 years and I see it as one of the greatest parts of Brooklyn. The people in the neighborhood is very welcoming and the schools are great. Downtown Brooklyn is home to many private schools that are diverse and excellent. The neighborhood is close to many shopping centers and many parks. It is also close to the Brooklyn Bridge which is a great attraction. It is also very close to Brooklyn Bridge Park which is assessable to everyone and a great place for kids to play sports and adults to relax. If you want a home, come to Downtown Brooklyn, and if you are just looking for a place to take amazing pictures, come to Downtown Brooklyn and see for yourself what all the buzz is about.
THE view from the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, a five-block walkway that has overlooked New York Harbor from its perch at neighborhood’s edge since 1950, is almost the same as it was 60 years ago. The Lower Manhattan skyline rises up, seeming close enough to touch, against a backdrop of cloudsYou come across the Brooklyn Bridge and suddenly to your right there’s this green lawn,” said Lisa Detwiler, a senior associate at the Corcoran Group and a longtime resident. “For all of us who live in Brooklyn Heights, it’s really exciting because we’ve all been hearing about it for the last 10 years.”

Before moving to a prewar co-op building at the corner of Hicks and Montague Streets in August, Ian Primrose and his partner, David Ly, lived on Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village, where brunch options were close but sleep could be difficult.

Great area to shop and to eat in. It's also close to a lot of other great areas in Brooklyn (DUMBO, Brooklyn Heights, Fort Greene). There are many trains and buses so it is easy to get to and it's also by the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridge.
I love Brooklyn. It is diverse. It is close to Manhattan. We have all the local trains here, such as the B and the Q which are express. Barclays center is just a small walk away. I feel apart of a community even though I am living in New York City. Downtown Brooklyn is beautiful, it has parks such as fort Green. A lot of stores are here and you can walk to the water as well.
I've personally never felt unsafe yet; however, I would never walk alone at night.
I absolutely love it here. It's a staggering difference from the small, rural town I moved from. There is always something to do and the food is great. I live right next to my college as well which is extremely convenient.
I haven't directly seen any crime occur... However, I have heard of several incidents where there were street fights and robbery.
The area is full of restaurants and retail stores. However, I can't say that it is the safest neighbourhood around... It's not safe to walk by yourself at night.
Start Your Review of Downtown Brooklyn
The local stores are okay, There is a bit of everything, food, pharmacies, drug stores, laundromats. I can pretty much get everything I need and want. It is the good part of Manhattan where it is part of Chinatown where it's loud and part of where it's quiet. This place is great!