Deep Ellum Reviews

Love Deep Ellum! It's a great place to live in your 20s. Be careful at night though, especially walking. People get drunk and drive too much down there!
Deep Ellum is an interesting place to live. There are many opportunities to get out and see Dallas while also being close enough to explore the nature side of Dallas.
My husband, dog and I have lived in Deep Ellum for two years and have no desire to leave. We love the neighborhood, the people and the dining scene! I think safety is still an issue. I hear of some minor theft etc... but that could be said for just about any neighborhood. Overall a great neighborhood and convenient to downtown, uptown and so many other neighborhoods.
Start Your Review of Deep Ellum
Deep Ellum is the go-to spot for a night out with friends. There are plenty of up and coming bars, like Pharmacy which serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic shakes and floats. It's not super kid friendly, but there are candy, donut, and ice cream shops around.
There are always jobs in the area.
Driving there sucks, so take an Uber/Lyft, or use DART.
Safety is a concern, many people have been assaulted and robbed.
Great bars, outdoor spaces, and a fun time with friends! Plenty of places to grab a beer and sit in a smoky bar or kick back in the sunshine
I love living in Dallas. I live with my boyfriend in Deep Ellum. It's nice to be able to walk to restaurants if we wanted to. And it's fairly safe compared to some areas around Dallas. There aren't too many homeless people around, and when there are, they don't seem too dangerous. In the future I would love to see less destructive policemen. They seem to be handling situations ruthlessly nowadays. I shouldn't be afraid when I see a cop, I should feel protected.