Buckman Reviews

Buckman neighborhood captivated me by the beauty of the vegetation and safety. It has been a great place for my son to thrive and play. After a long day at work, coming to my apartment is the most pleasant moment of my day. One looks around and everything is so colorful even on a rainy day. Unfortunately, this neighborhood lack of diversity and I really would love to see different cultures and people represented in this area. In my opinion the lack of diversity has to do with the standard of life in this area which can not be afforded by all population groups. That is one of the aspects that I would change around here. Another one is the amount of homeless people who are camping on the streets. The situation is critical by this point and the numbers are increasing. It is not only heartbreaking but also concerning because there is more waste on the street, they live in an inhuman conditions and the neighborhood is losing the beauty that characterizes it.
Love living here! Walk to anything and everything, a quick hop over the river to downtown, still has a little bit of an industrial feel, street art, no cookie cutter street with a salt and straw! Yes there are homeless people but they don’t tend to congregate on my street, and more just pass by looking for bottles, doesn’t bother me at all.
Great neighborhood. Tons of good food and bars nearby as well as a couple of parks. Plenty of street parking.
Start Your Review of Buckman
Great neighborhood but high homeless concentration. The local schools are Buckman elementary, Hosford middle school and Cleveland high school.
There's very little crime where I live but sometimes the odd robbery of a neighbors car.
Enjoy this area and everything we get to do. The atmosphere is great.
There's not much noticeable crime in my area, so I don't see any police impact.
My neighborhood is amazing. It's a hubub of culture and there are a ton of new people moving to Portland which gives access to new cultures and viewpoints.