Myrtle Grove Reviews

In certain areas in Wilmington you are extremely safe. But if you are downtown you need to be careful, and always be on the lookout. Shootings happen fairly regularly.
Wilmington is a fun place to live. Things can get boring if you arent willing to spend a lot of money, but if you have money to spend its lots of fun. The schools are clean, but north Carolina in general is not a good place for education. I would move here again.
I know it is the best because I volunteer as the official bugler for the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office. I have been around long enough to know that the law enforcement does their job to the best of their ability and keeps this town safe!
Start Your Review of Myrtle Grove
I love this town. It has provided me with opportunities I never would have gotten if I did not move.
I would choose to live here again. I love the area.
I have been in Wilmington, NC for just over a year now. I live near the water which has proved to be a wonderful perk. It has enabled me to discover new things such as kayaking (admittedly my dismount needs work!), the fact that the beach can be fun, wonderful birdsong early in the morning out on the porch with my coffee (a great way to start each day), wildlife I did not see much of at my last residence such as lizards and tree frogs, and sunsets that are truly awe inspiring

Downtown has a lot going on. Cape Fear Community College, which I attend, has a campus there and the streets are always busy with students and patrons visiting the myriad of coffee shops, restaurants, boutiques, galleries and shops of every kind. It sits on the Cape Fear River and many afternoons local artists and musicians can be found on the water walk sharing their talents in the hopes of earning a little extra cash. It's a nice stroll in the evening or on the weekend. People watching is quite entertaining. Really. There's a farmer's market on the weekends that provides a wide selection of fresh produce and baked goods, flowers, jellies, and honey, and proprietors who are always happy to share tips on growing and harvesting.

Wilmington has several museums full of art and local history. There are lovely gardens and an arboretum, all open to the public. Each season offers a new and fascinating look at Mother Nature. These places are always buzzing with volunteers and it's a nice way to meet new people. The opportunities to get involved here are abundant. There's something for every interest anyone can have. Gardening, art, history, Veteran's Affairs, Habitat for Humanity are just a few of the things the local population embraces. Many people are eager to find a way to give back and help those who need a hand up. It has reinvigorated my faith in humanity.

I made the right choice coming here. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
There are several gyms and fitness facilities in our area
This is a very nice area to live. Very diverse people
The housing is very nice and there are varieties of styles
There are several ways to get around town
There is a variety of food & drink locations in the area.
They could use better italian restaurants
We have 4 seasons. Summer is not always great...very humid
We have the typical big box stores along with locally owned small business downtown and at the beaches.
Employment is not great because this is a retirement area. Big business is limited to the medical field in general.