Minnetrista Reviews

The location is great being right on the lake. Some fun events are held and the local school (Mound-Westonka) is great. Many people that live there now have lived there their whole life since it is such a family oriented area and people want to live close to where they grew up.
Mound itself is a great area; It's just not my type of great area. It is a quiet small town. There is the local restaurant, local swimming beach, and local school. While the school is great, it's a small class, and I just do better with larger schools. The standard of living is higher in Mound, but not by much. While we're near the wealthier areas on Lake Minnetonka, we're more secluded and on our own. Personally, I'd rather live in a denser area, and then retire to a place like Mound for peace and quiet. Growing up here I wouldn't want to do again, but retiring here would be a good option. Compare to the rest of the country Mound is a quiet suburban town, but not so quiet that you don't know your neighbor's kids. In the future I see this town growing to include more restaurants, trails, and traffic, but I doubt it will ever lose its quiet small town touch.
Not much to do in the town but it is nice and peaceful not living in the middle of a town.
Start Your Review of Minnetrista
Everything about the town I grew up in was perfect. The people were fantastic, I always had something to do and I was never worried about my safety. I would suggest living in Minnetrista to anyone who loves the outdoors and is ok with driving to the city. It's the perfect place to raise kids, the surrounding schools are phenomenal (Orono High School which is about a 15 minute drive is where I went and loved) and there are many fun things to do including going on the lake, visiting state parks, biking on trails, eating at local restaurants, shopping in boutiques, seeing the history museum, watching local sports teams, and much much more.
Minnesota is gorgeous year round. I've lived in four states over 18 years, this is the prettiest! Great activities for everyone to enjoy, just one of them being the fantastic bike trail in this area.
We have many great police officers who know the community and are fully dedicated to protecting it.
Can get freaking cold and snowy and icy in the winter and pretty hot in the summer, but for the most part it's beautiful!
Most jobs are for local stores and restaurants. Most workers are middle-class.
Local restaurants include Subway, pizza and burger places, and other expected things. Good, but fairly predictable and not a lot of options.
The businesses in this area are what one would expect of small-town suburban Minnesota. Small, limited. but good enough for day-to-day life.
Not big so not many opportunities