1. City in California

Los Angeles Reviews

The city if very diverse and overall brings in a lot of tourist attraction every month. I have lived here for 15 years and the social aspect is very diverse as well. Some communities can be very open to others while some can`t.
Los Angeles isn't for everyone. It's a huge bustling city, and the traffic problem is real! There is so much to see and do in various parts of LA. chances are, you'll easily find a new hobby, favorite spot, great food, and the sun.
Wonderful city. There is so much to do, and its easy to get just about anywhere! Only problem is traffic but thats nothing.
My experience with Los Angeles has had its ups and downs. The rent for a 2bedroom is way too high. Even in the ghetto areas. Since I work with children, work has been good. South Los Angeles has been neglected for some time now. Pot holes everywhere.
Los Angeles is an incredibly vibrant city with limitless things to do. Whether you're visiting with family, friends, or alone, this town will not let you down.
Los Angeles is a place to be if you are looking for diversity. Obviously, Downtown Los Angeles is a great place to start to meet new people and hang out with friends. Also, the atmosphere is great. Not the best but great. Not only is DTLA great but the surrounding areas in greater LA, such as Koreatown. Overall, it is a city where you'll meet different types of people.
As a person who was born and raised in Los Angeles, I love how there's always something to do. Whether its going to the various coastal beach towns, visiting historical musuems, being a part of the trendy communities; L.A. is filled with diversity.
What I love about Los Angeles is the way of life. The weather is beautiful 24/7. The beach brings out the different ethnicities in Los Angeles. We all enjoy the sand between our toes and the wind in our faces. When visiting the beach we don't care about color. We come to enjoy the beauty. One thing I would change about Los Angeles is the segregation of neighborhoods. It seems like all the blacks were pushed south. For instance South Central, Watts, and Compton. Those are all well known "urban" communities and they are all south of beverly hills, mid-city and Santa Monica. Blacks were located in Santa Monica, Beverly hills and Mid-City back in the 80's, but whites figured out the beauty of those places and kicked them out by raising the rent. Baldwin Hills, was predominantly white in the 1930's. The Black Dahlia was found in Baldwin Hills. Once whites found out the real estate value of Santa Monica they moved from Baldwin Hills to West Los Angeles.
It's a beautiful diverse city. Many places to see and discover. I don't like how segregated the communities and cultures are, but I believe LA is known for having that characteristic. The city has a lot of history and culture including an art culture. I hope to see improvements within all communities as well as better treatment and protection for all people from the LAPD.
Los Angeles is a city of constant opportunity. It's thriving, competitive, and full of life. However, with such great opportunity comes sacrifice. Commute times, even 2 miles can take 20 minutes. I would love to see the public transportation system, such as the metro, continue to expand to help cut traffic and commute times for everyone.
I am only giving a because of all the incrediblely AMAZING food out here. I live in Koreatown and the food is like nothing I have ever experienced before. It's so Authentic. The little mom and pop food joints blow all the chain restaurants away!!!!! But with having said all that it's the PEOPLE who ruin it. Most everyone is horribly rude. Some won't even move over when walking on the sidewalk. I guess they think you should just walk in the dirt cause they aren't moving. Some will even run in to you and then give you a dirty look. The traffic out here is a joke!!! It takes you 30-45 minutes to go 5 miles. ( On the freeway always & 1/2 the time on the surface streets). Forget about parking on the street. Always ask if the apartment comes with a dedicated parking spot!!! ( Most do not )
Los Angeles is the perfect place for you if you are a student looking for a diverse environment with great job opportunity, a lively social atmosphere, and rich culture. Whether you enjoy living in the bustling city surrounded by powerful high rises, running along Santa Monica beach, or hiking in the mountains of Hollywood, Los Angeles is in the heart of it all. Los Angeles is a global city, so there is never a shortage of places to eat ranging from trendy vegan restaurants, to upscale steakhouses, to traditional Thai food. The one big drawback in Los Angeles is commuting, the public transportation system in LA is not great and most likely will not be able to take you to your job, home, or school. You will have to either purchase a car or make use of UBER or LYFT heavily. As in any big city, you also have to be aware of your surroundings, as crime is higher than the suburbs here, but nothing out of the norm. No matter what your interest is as a student this city has much to offer.
los Angeles is very expensive. The money you have to spend to live here and what you get for that money is not worth it.
I moved to Los Angeles a little over a year ago to finish my degree in advertising and start my career. It was a little bit of an adjustment at first but now I love it. The beaches are great and I love all the sites. My complaints would be the cost of living, specifically the price of rent and the spotty public transportation. Nevertheless, I still believe Los Angeles is the best city in the USA.
Los Angeles always came up while conversing with other people representing their perspective country. I enjoy Los Angeles as a city however from the outside looking in, it is very important to weigh in the facts of practically living here before making the jump to L.A. In comparison to other country's city LA in regards to safety id have to say is on the lower end of the totem pole. Real estate is essentially high. And commute times become more of strategic planning. However, although flaws you are visiting and or residing in one of the most diverse environments in all of America. There are a lot of activities to do that support both a family aspect or a single lifestyle L.A. as a whole has all the above to link all style of life together. I enjoy my overall experience of Los Angeles id say the bigger cities give more opportunities for life lessons than in rural areas so for that Id have to rate my overall experience to be high.
I loved LA. In fact, it's like my home Puerto Rico. A lot of traffic I have to say. The Santa Monica Pier was beautiful. It's a good place to live with your family and always have a great time.
What I like about Los Angeles is the shopping there are a number of mall and strip malls to shop. There is also a number of restaurant to find good food. What I least love about Los Angeles is the traffic. It takes to long to get to your destination.
I have grown up in Los Angeles or as most call it " The City of Angels" my whole life and have experienced many things because of it. Due to the diversity of cultures, everyone will feel welcomed and whether you love hitting the clubs, enjoying concerts or relaxing on the beach Los Angeles is a place where everyone has a relatively easy time finding something that interests them.
I have only live in Los Angeles for half a year and I like it so far. I would like traffic to be lighter and feel my particular neighborhood is not the safest but other than that I have no complaints.
Los Angeles is one of the best cities in the world to live. Where else can you live and be within a short driving distance of the beach, the mountains, the desert, and Disneyland? Another bonus is the beautiful weather we have year round.