Lakewood Reviews

I love the small community and neighborhood with easy access to the mountains or city. I love how everything is close by. I think raising a family here is amazing. I appreciate the kind neighbors we have and love to live here for years to come. I think finding a place such as Lakewood is rare and couldn't see myself living anywhere else.
Lakewood is a great town that is in the middle of Both the mountains and downtown. There is a lot to do and is a decently short drive to basically anywhere else. There is quality education and community interactions.
Good suburb to grow up in, easy access to Belmar, shopping centers, and a short walk to the light rail to go other places!
Start Your Review of Lakewood
I love this place! I have lived here all my life and have seen it grow. We are nestled between the mountains and Denver. This gives us access to nature and the city. There is so much to do just in our town. We have hiking, biking, walking, shopping, food, and so much more. Come and see our growing city. Come fall in love.
I love being close to the foothills and short drive into the mountains or downtown. The neighborhoods are friendly and full of activities. There is hiking, swimming fishing, community events, festivals of all sorts and great restaurants all within a 5-10 mile radius. Lakewood is a great place.
I like that Lakewood is centrally located to schools, business and has excellent transportation options. Lakewood offers several options of higher education. And it is a thriving and active place to raise a family. Many exercise opportunities exist, alongside many places to spend time with younger and older family members. The mountains are extraordinary, while the nighttime city life is bustling and incredible.
Good suburb of Denver, lots of choice for restauraunts, easy to get to downtown to get to even more options
Nice suburb outside of Denver. I like that it's far enough away from the city to feel like you're close to the mountains and people have big yard some even have land with horses and cattle but we're only 15 minutes from downtown Denver!
Lakewood is a great place to live with lots restaurants, stores, and schools. There are several public elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools. Lakewood is filled with many restaurants of every type. Throughout Lakewood there are gyms, grocery stores, offices, etc. Lakewood is filled with many diverse types of housing. There are townhomes, apartments, and single family homes. Many people love to be active in the community. People will go watch motocross at Thunder Valley, take their dog to the dog park, and even hike Green Mountain.
I've been living in Lakewood for 2 years now. The area is well lit at night, neighborhood's are friendly. Kids come out at night to ride their bikes, talk with friends and play without any worry from parents. I enjoy the quietness of the neighborhood. The neighbors don't hesitate to communicate with one another. The train station is less than half a mile away and grocery stores are walking distance of most homes. The only change I would recommend is a separate lounging area for pets in backyards, only because I have 3 children of my own that love to roll in grass, make mud pies and simply play around.
Very nice! Compared to where I use to live the neighborhood is extremely friendly. I walk my dog and people actually say hello to you. Its safer then what I am usually use to, and very vibrant in nature.
Lakewood is the perfect city outside of Denver for families and living. Distance between downtown and the foothills is perfect and the wildlife can be very surprising for such a urban area.
Sloan’s lake is just right around the corner from lakeside which gives you two options in the area to do out and enjoy the day. Not to mention being 15 minutes from downtown Denver, the stadium and elitches amusement park. Lakewood is a beautiful neighborhood with plenty of fun things to enjoy!
I've lived in Lakewood for 9 years. It is been convenient for work & the schools have been great for my daughters. I rented for several years before choosing to buy a house in Lakewood.
I’ve lived in Lakewood for the past five years, wonderful community. I feel very safe here, not only with law enforcement but the community in general. Lots of opportunities for actives: beautiful parks, hiking, right near red rocks and I-70 to mountains, plus 15 minutes from downtown. Great location!
I like where it is geographically, between the mountains and the city of Denver. It is close to Golden, which feels small-town homey. What I like about Lakewood is the proliferation of parks, the welcoming residents and the amount of dog friendly spaces.
Lakewood is a nice city. I love the Belmar area. The only thing I would change is more dog parks. Lakewood is not as dog friendly as I would like.
Start Your Review of Lakewood
I love living in Lakewood. There are a lot of great restaurants and things to do. It’s close to Denver, but far away enough to not feel like you’re living in the hustle and bustle of the city.
The area I live in is beautiful. It is nearby to Belmar and there are several parks. The parks are spacious and well-kept. The neighborhoods have tall trees and it is a beautiful place to live. The neighborhood is safe and I have never been concerned about my safety living in Lakewood. There are several restaurants and stores in the area. I especially like the King Soopers on Allison. They have a good sized vegan food and product selection, as well as a large natural product section.
Neatly kept and the people are kind. People help each other and say hello. It's a pleasant place for your children to play. There are beautiful parks and convenient shopping.