Lafayette Reviews

Lafayette is city full of culture and fun. There is a certain spice in everything from the food to the people and a southern hospitality you can’t get anywhere, but from southern Louisiana. It’s a city that’s big enough to explore, but quaint enough to always find a smiling face and a friend no matter where you are in the city. I’m beyond happy I chose to call this place my home for the last few years.
I’ve grown up here and love the southern hospitality. People here are very kind, the city is not too big, but not small enough to have nothing to do. It’s a growing community with moderately progressive values - however it is more close minded than you may find other places. And with a growing city also comes increased traffic.
Better place to live than where im from originally. It is very busy and there is always something to do. Places are easy to get to and the bus system makes transportation issues not so bad. It has been a great experience living here.
Start Your Review of Lafayette
Lafayette, LA is a small town and big city all in one. People are down to Earth and treat you like family.
Great place to live and raise a family. The people here are friendly, and easy going.I have lived here for more than 10 years and i love it. I love fishing to crabbing and going camping.
Lafayette is a clean and friendly city nestled in the center of small country towns in the beautiful state of Louisiana. The southern charm and hospitality can be felt throughout the whole city, when you visit expect to be greeted with a hi ya, a friendly wave from strangers, and how y’all doing today. It offers endless options for job placements, and a vast array of food choices and clothing/shopping stores. Traffic is terrible from the congestion caused by the countless people making the thirty-minute trek into town, which in turn causes significant damage to the road ways. The police officers do a great job at keeping the city safe and are always letting their southern manners seep through. Come on out and grab a boudin from our local shops, and don’t forget to put a smile on your face and get the lingo down while you’re here.
I was born and raised in Lafayette and as the years passed by the community just went down. I would like to see the night life change, the safety for the people get much much better, for the schools to actually teach our kids and stop taking away from their learning. I just would like everything to get better for everyone in Lafayette.
Lafayette is a very tree friendly place. The people here are very nice, welcoming, and always willing to speak.
Need more family friendly businesses..a nice water park or amusement park to the area would be nice...there is enough property for it to be considered.
Lafayette is a good area to live in . Good amount of things to do for entertainment, dining, or family fun. Food is good. Just like any other area you have your ups and downs .
Great small big city. School Board has some issues to correct to get public schools on track. The economy was tied to Oil & Gas and currently moving more towards Healthcare.
There are so many things to do, you are not limited to certain things. During the day you can walk the streets of downtown Lafayette without a worry while having a beautiful sight. The people are nice and if you name it they have it. I 10/10 recommend visiting Lafayette if you are in the south Louisiana area!
As a current resident! I am satisfied with Lafayette overall and would consider it home. I have been told by many visitors that the people that live here are more friendly.
I love Lafayette, there is always something to do. Festivals are very common during the summer, and there is always live music to go listen too. Lafayette has a huge selection of bars and restaurants to choose from. On the weekends, its downtown area has lots of hang outs and bars to choose from.
Lafayette, LA is true southern living. We are in the heart of Cajun Country and surround by even more beautiful areas to experience Louisiana for what it is, amazing! Southern hospitality is at its finest, the food is amazing, the people are extremely friendly!
Being in Lafayette is such a good experience. There are a number of things to do here and a good bit of parks to visit. There are so many places to eat so you have many options. Something that's a good experience to do here is visit the Acadiana Mall. One of my favorite things about Lafayette, LA is how friendly the people who live here are.
Lafayette is a great place to live, work, and have fun. It is a big city but not too big you get lost or feel overwhelmed. There is plenty to do as far as activities, and being in the middle of Louisiana, it is a short trip to other places nearby.
Start Your Review of Lafayette
I grew up in Lafayette, and I have gotten to watch it grow. It is a wonderful area to raise a family. There are plenty of social activities for all age groups. But, I would like to see a change in the school systems.
The city of Lafayette is okay. It is helpful for me because we have bus transportation, and this helps me a lot with getting places, particularly school instead of paying for the costs of a vehicle. There isn't much scenery though, and I don't like the high risks of theft and crime. The roads need to be improved. Laws need to be enforced about keeping pets on leashes, and more bike lanes should be made, in my opinion. I love that the prices aren't so expensive on the northside of Lafayette, where I live. I love going to the Lafayette Public Library downtown that was recently redone. Assistance is available for the low-income, elderly. There's a lot of things that you can get for a dollar or two and this helps with the cost of living in restaurants, car repair places, maintenance, clothing stores,etc. I like to save money. Also, one of the cheapest universities in the country, University of Louisiana-Lafayette is located here.
What I enjoyed the most in Lafayette is my college experience. I was apart of a wonderfully organization call UL Lafayette AmeriCorps. It is a wonderful non-profit community service organization. Lafayette has plenty of culture and heritage. There's a festival for about everything. Lafayette and surrounding areas have so many festivals there's actually a festival season. Festival season starts April through May of every year.