Skip to Main Content
A-
Overall Niche Grade
How are grades calculated?
  1. Public Schools
    B
  2. Crime & Safety
    B
  3. Housing
    B+
  4. Nightlife
    B
  5. Good for Families
    A-
  6. Diversity
    C+
  7. Jobs
    A-
  8. Weather
    C-
  9. Cost of Living
    B+
  10. Health & Fitness
    B
  11. Outdoor Activities
    A-
  12. Commute
    B+
Grove City is a town in Pennsylvania with a population of 8,123. Grove City is in Mercer County and is one of the best places to live in Pennsylvania. Living in Grove City offers residents a suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Grove City there are a lot of coffee shops and parks. Many young professionals live in Grove City and residents tend to be conservative. The public schools in Grove City are above average.

Real Estate

Median Home Value
$118,900
National
$184,700
Median Rent
$682
National
$949
Area Feel
Suburban
Rent vs. Own
  • Rent
    38%
  • Own
    62%
Sponsored Mortgage Options for Grove City
Get Rates
  • $0 Lender Fee on Home Loans Limited Time Only
  • Biggest Home Loan Sale Ever. Low interest rates. Get a quote today!
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.

Grove City Rankings

Niche ranks thousands of places to live based on key statistics from the U.S. Census and and expert insights.

Crime & Safety

Crime & Safety
B
Based on violent and property crime rates.
Violent Crimes
  • Calculated annually per 100,000 residents
National
  • Assault
    37
    283
  • Murder
    0
    6
  • Rape
    0
    41
  • Robbery
    0
    136
Property Crimes
  • Calculated annually per 100,000 residents
National
  • Burglary
    62
    500
  • Theft
    548
    2,043
  • Motor Vehicle Theft
    25
    284
Home Security Options for Grove City
Learn More
  • 24/7 Whole home protection with no contract
  • CNET Editor’s choice winner 2018

Residents

Diversity
C+
Based on ethnic and economic diversity.
Age
  • <10 years
    9%
  • 10-17 years
    7%
  • 18-24 years
    34%
  • 25-34 years
    11%
  • 35-44 years
    8%
  • 45-54 years
    9%
  • 55-64 years
    8%
  • 65+ years
    14%
Education Levels
National
  • Master's degree or higher
    16%
    12%
  • Bachelor's degree
    20%
    19%
  • Some college or associate's degree
    20%
    29%
  • High school diploma or equivalent
    38%
    28%
  • Less than high school diploma
    6%
    13%

Working in Grove City

Jobs
A-
Based on employment rates, job and business growth, and cost of living.
Median Household Income
$46,792
National
$55,322
Places like Grove City
More

Grove City Reviews

24 reviews
All Categories
Grove City is a small town in Northwestern Pennsylvania. It is a predominantly Christian town made up of mostly Caucasians. The community itself is tight knit and supportive. The academics and athletics of the high school are outstanding! Perhaps the only negative about Grove City is that because it is a small town, people tend to try to get involved in other people's business. This doesn't take away from the overall experience of spending time in Grove City though!
Start Your Review of Grove City
Rate It!
Everyone has the same personality. 75% are alt-right hicks or Holier-Than-Thou Christians, the other 25% are the outliers, but everyone has one thing in common: close-mindedness. There isn't anything to do in this town besides bowling. The most exciting thing about Grove City is the outlet mall, and most Grove City residents choose to leave and drive at least half an hour to the nearest actual mall to get what they want because the outlet mall actually has rather limited choices.
I grew up in the quaint town of Grove City, Pennsylvania. I really enjoyed growing up in Grove City because I knew so many people, which helped me to feel very safe and comfortable. I had no fear of walking alone during the day or at night. I also had several friends who lived only a few blocks away from me. Grove City also has great schools and sports programs. Therefore, I received a great education and played many years of soccer. Overall, I enjoyed growing up in Grove City.
Even though Grove City is small there are surprisingly many things to do. There is a bowling alley that has late night cosmic bowling. There is also a historic one-screen movie theater that allows you to see newly released movies for a cheap price. Moreover, there is a historic downtown that includes antique stores, boutiques, and an ice cream parlor. There are also several popular foods in the area, such as Primanti Brothers sandwiches, Katie's Korner ice cream, and Coffaro's pizza.