Gallup Reviews

Gallup would have to have more changes than things to like about it. At times from my experience it has been very dangerous. The way things are run definitely needs to be fixed and managed professionally. Gallup would be a safer environment if the little things are fixed.
One of the must see places in Gallup, NM is the Red Rocks, the rocks and the sand have that rich red color, it's amazing and beautiful at the same time, especially when the sunrise and sunset shine against it.
I love the scenery around here. Its very beautiful and cultural. Also bunch of nice people here and great places to eat. One thing i would change is how these young teenagers graffiti places making the town look bad.
Start Your Review of Gallup
The landscape is beautiful, great potential, but the people are often rude. The streets are not well kept and sadly their are many intoxicated and homeless people around most stores. The small town feel can be fun for a while but you very quickly run out of things to do. Amazing sunsets.
Very Impoverished city, rife with racism and crime, but still maintains a small town feel. Would be better with improved advancement opportunities and investment in the local communities.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gallup is a small town but it has it perks. I love running the trails they have out there and the community that growing over there. I love that more is happening , every 2 weeks we have this thing that call the arts crawls and it where the local come together and out like a festival downtown. The skateboard community is growing too with the skate park opening up and the local putting together a small skate store is great. You have to support the locals.
Gallup has many tasteful local cuisines. The locals are friendly. I love the yearly intertribal ceremonial dances and rodeos. I think the only thing to change is the amount of public intoxication the town has to deal with on a daily basis.
I've li ed in Gallup my who love life. We are well know for our Green chili, most of all for the Galkup, Inter-Tribal Ceremony that happens every August of each year.
Gallup is a small community, I enjoy that it is slow paced and it is family oriented.I don't like that there is not alot of opportunities for younger people.
It is a nice small town. For me it is too small and it is very hard to find a job out here. I plan to move to a bigger city like Albuquerque to find a job and better my chances.
I do not like Gallup, the culture is vastly different than what I am used to and I live in drunk town, USA. Never have I seen so many drunks per capita, all over the place, all times of the day, it is utterly ridiculous.
The only drunks are the native americans and they live on the reservation and come in just to drink. Unless you are the type of person that loves to hang out in front of fast food restaurants and dingy hotels, you will hardly ever encounter these people and they will leave you alone. All the crime is also due to the native americans and they only bother their own kind. If your not native american then they leave you alone and Gallup is a very safe city.
Gallup is a wonderful place. If you're driving through, you will get the impression of a dingy town but once you get off the 66 (mostly old hotels and fast food) and into the neighborhoods it is a very safe and family friendly town. Definitely has that small town charm you won't find in the bigger cities. The town has a larger than normal % of business owners and medical staff (private hospital and a large IHS hospital). The schools are average, but nothing to be concerned about. We have lots of friends and plan on being here for years to come.
What I like about Gallup is the diversity. Gallup is culturally rich and always have so many native american events during the week. If I could change anything about Gallup it would be the negation impact alcohol has on our community.
I was born and raised in Gallup, NM. The schooling there has a small budget which leads to less opportunities to grow academically. Job opportunities in the community are terrible which leads to many people seeking work elsewhere. The townspeople are the best thing about Gallup. With Gallup being such a small place it does have a sense of neighborly love.
Gallup, NM is off the Navajo Reservation and a town on Interstate 40. Great place, great food and great people! This town is full of local history and culture.
Start Your Review of Gallup
Gallup is an okay place. It is a very small town that could use some work. The scenery itself is very nice.
I was born and raised in Gallup, NM. I went to school at Red Rock Elementary, Gallup Middle School, and graduated from Gallup High School in 1989. My classmates are terrific as they have gone on to be doctors, lawyers, teachers, counselors, and homemakers. Our reunions are fun and we never stopped being hometown supporters in all of the diverse culture activities.
Gallup is an ever growing community in New Mexico. It is very rich in culture as it is an hour from the Zuni reservation and thirty minutes from the Navajo reservation. Once a year they have a parade to celebrate all types of Native Americans and their traditions. You have the opportunity to witness all of the traditional dances and you even get to see the rare white buffalo at the very end. It's an absolutely beautiful show. As if that isn't enough, they're one of the few active route 66 survivors. Still displaying nearly all of the original store fronts.