Foster City Reviews

Though Foster City may be small, it is a city full of excitement and opportunity. Recent construction has occurred, but the city still remains a great residential area. There are lots of plazas and nearby places for food or fun. It is near water and you can get to many places due to the proximity to 101, 92, etc. The Hillsdale mall is a great place and the Caltrain is great for traveling to work or school. I believe the schools could use a bit of work as the elementary class size has increased from 20 to 30 students since I attended and the middle schools haven't had any new changes recently. Night life is what you make of it, but don't expect it to be like Boston or SF. Overall, a great place to live.
It is a safe, family friendly suburb, and the activities/festivals that are put together at Leo J Ryan Park are a lot of fun for everyone. However, there is only one middle school here, and multiple elementary schools, and no high schools.
Foster City is family friendly and safe. It is a great place for kids. I hope they stop building houses/apartment complexes in the future.
Start Your Review of Foster City
I really love this city for its calm and peaceful environment. It has definitively been one of the most relaxing places I’ve lived in.
Very family friendly in regards to parks and local activities, but is hindered by the traffic and housing prices.
I've lived in Foster City since I was eleven years old, and it has been a wonderful community to grow up in. The public schools are fantastic and afford a great opportunity to receive a great education. Foster City has little to no crime, so much so that you could practically leave your garage open and your doors unlocked. It's a great place to raise a family with so many parks and activities to do. However, I wouldn't say it's the perfect place for a young adult. Commuting is a bit difficult up and down the Peninsula, as depending on where you live, it's hard to get out of Foster City. There is also no defined "downtown" and no nightlife. However, besides this, it's a great place to live.
Foster City is safe and clean, a great city for healthy living and almost year-round sunshine. Whats more, Foster City is central to many locations or workplaces whether North or Southbound. Unfortunately, Foster City is known to have high housing cost.
The weather here is fantastic and I like how it’s super close to two big cities and multiple beaches.
I have lived in Foster City for the majority of my life and have enjoyed it. Although there isn't much to do, it's still a small beautiful town. Its quiet and small not too busy but busy enough.
It’s a great place to live when you retire. It’s quiet and secluded, and there is not a lot of activity going on. The schools are okay as well, however, I would not recommend this area if you have kids about to go to high school because Foster City does not have a high school and the nearest high schools in other cities are not as great.
I have lived in Foster city for 20 years. It is still that family friendly. Its getting crowded though. Traffic at the exit to the highway is very painful
Foster City is an incredibly safe neighborhood great for families and elderly people. However, despite the growth of apartment complexes being built, it is becoming an increasingly expensive place to live.
Foster City has VISA headquarters and a town square called, "Foster Square". Foster City is very peaceful and
has fun activities at the Recreation Center. It is a great place for seniors to go to. It has senior homes and also, it's just right for their living. It's also good for families to have their children grow up in a peaceful environment. Overall, Foster City is calm, has fun activities, and is good for seniors and families.
Foster city gives you a very peaceful and safe vibe. May seem far from other cities, but it's actually not. It's close enough to any freeway entrance and accessible to many shops and restaurants. The only complain I would have is maybe a bit of traffic during rush hours on the 92, but it's nothing you can't deal with. I think moving to Foster city was a great idea especially if you have a family and don't like too much noise! I would definitely recommend Foster city.
This is such a calm and beautiful city. It's small, inhabited by children, parents, and elderly folk, and has a placid pace. I have good memories of living here and I am always excited to come back. The school system beyond elementary isn't the best, but it's a great place to grow up.
It's pretty great, especially if you work in the tech world (rent is pricey). It's clean, safe, dog friendly. There are some good restaurants around the area as well.
I love Foster City! I grew up there and came back to raise kids there. It's a great city for families if you can afford to live there.
Start Your Review of Foster City
I like that it's safe and quiet in the neighborhood. What I don't like is the lack of firefighters and police officers in the town.
Our police department is very responsive and they are wonderful in working with the community. We are a lucky city in that our crime is very low.
Foster City is very nice and great right now. However, I do see problems in our near future with the quality dropping. There is too much new growth of high density housing and our roads and schools do not support this new growth. We are already a community of 30,000+ residents, yet we do not even have a high school in our city. Our housing prices have exploded and it is crazy how a 3 bedroom house of 2,000 square feet and little surrounding property is going for one million dollars. Unfortunately it makes it very hard to see me living here after college with housing prices so high. I would like to see Foster City halt any new housing development and concentrate on the small town feel and quality of life that many moved to Foster City for in the first place.