Folsom Reviews

I’ve lived in Folsom for 17 years. I owe a lot to this town. I’ve made friends, I’ve made lifelong relationships, and learned so much here. It wasn’t always easy, but I don’t regret any of my time here.
I like how safe Folsom is. The crimes are minimal or even unheard of. Folsom also offers opportunity for everyone. There are many different sports/ extracurricular events to choose from; almost everybody can do something they love.
Very family friendly and culturally diverse. Great education system and, the sports programs are excellent. Very safe community as well. All of this is coming from a current resident.
Start Your Review of Folsom
Folsom has grown into a nice, family neighborhood. They do keep building which means it will get even more crowded.
This town has a place for everyone and is beautifully up-kept. It is home to many great schools including Folsom High School which has a nationally ranked football team. Unfortunately with the town becoming so popular, the traffic issue is continuing to grow.
Overall, I really enjoy living in Folsom. It is a growing town with a lot of opportunities. I was a former student at Folsom Lake College and enjoyed the campus and student life there. There are a lot of fun things to do in the Folsom area. I enjoy spending time at the outdoor mall, called Pallido, located right off East Bidwell. Like I said before, this town is growing fast, sometimes this can make for packed streets but overall the area is quite safe and family friendly. Sutter Street in Old Folsom is really fun during the nightlife and there is also public transport that can take you down to the city of Sacramento. This is a great town to live in and I enjoy it very much.
Small Town, nice, safe, best place for family. However, recently expend too fast, high school is not big enough.
Good place to grow up. Great schools and a very safe area. Not very good nightlife and not a great place to live for young adults
Folsom is a medium sized town/city with great schools, shops, real estate, and the lake! It’s relatively close to anything else you could want. It’s pretty safe, suburban, and I think a lot of teenagers find it boring after living there their whole lives, but it really is a great place to grow up. We have sutter street, the palladio, and other fun little places to go in town.
Folsom is a wonderful place to grow up! The town has some of the best hiking trails, and is home to some of the friendliest small businesses. Folsom also has a real sense of community with a number of activities put on by the town that are family friendly. The schools in this area work to uplift their students, and with Folsom's low crime rates it is easily one of the best places to raise a family!
It’s a great, midsized town that has small town vibes but the resources of a larger city. Sacramento is close by as well so there is always an outlet for those who need to keep busy. The river runs right through town as well and it crazy popular in the summer.
It is a very beautiful town and has lots to do. The public education system is amazing and has top notch academics and athletics. It is a very safe and family friendly area with lots to do and many opportunities for growing youth.
Folsom is a very charming town. Close to the city, but far enough to get away from all of the hustle and bustle. Great place to raise a family.
Folsom, while boring for a teenager like me who has lived here their entire life, is a great place to raise kids and start a family from what I have seen. Folsom has kind people and good schools, but the night life is just about nonexistent.
Such a safe area with nice families! Public schools are all very accessible and there are always fun events going on.
I have lived in Folsom for 4 years and I love it. I am outdoorsy so I love the trails that are everywhere throughout the town, as well as the American river bike trail. There are two lakes, the river, creeks, and mountain bike trails.. so it’s a very healthy area where people bike, walk, hike, kayak and run. There are also dog parks. The schools are very good and the town is kept clean and nice. You have the outlets, and also the Palladio shopping center with things like Whole Foods, Victoria’s Secret and Barnes and noble. At the other end of town is historic Folsom with fun shops and places to eat. It is getting a little busy here and they seem to be building a lot but for now there is still a lot of nature reserves. And Tahoe is only and hour and a half up the freeway. It is expensive to rent and buy houses. It’s about 20-25 min from Sacramento but I hardly go there because Folsom has so much, yet it’s a smaller town feel.
Folsom is a wonderful community for raising a family with many parks and facilities, as well as the top schools of the nation.
Start Your Review of Folsom
Folsom is a quaint little town with a lot of rich history. It is right on the American River, and has the famous Folsom Prison (thanks, Johnny Cash). There is so much beautiful nature to explore. It has wonderful places to dine as well as a bustling night life for those interested in that sort of entertainment. I moved here a little over a year ago with my best friend and it was the best decision of my life. The people are very friendly.
Folsom is a great little town for those who love the outdoors. There are many trails to run or walk your dog and get some fresh air. The people are nice and the crime rate is low.
Everything is so close by! You really never have to leave the town because we have pretty much everything you need within a 10 mile radius.