Fargo Reviews

I would like to see the transportation routes improved and for North Fargo to go through a re-design. I think with NDSU there it is being underutilized and could have more shops, restaurants, and events.
Fargo is a very diverse and excepting city surrounded by beautiful terrain. It also has the Red River that flows trough parts of old Fargo which makes for many pretty parks to walk through. I would recommend Fargo as a home to anyone. It is also very affordable and family friendly. I've never lived in a safer place either. There are countless job opportunities for anyone. There are buses all over so one never has to worry about transportation. The nightlife is fantastic in down town Fargo. There are plenty of festivities throughout the year as well.
I love the community in the Fargo area. Everyone is very friendly and there is so much to do, whether it be shopping downtown or at our mall, going out to eat, or checking out the fun attractions. It is the perfect place to someday raise a family.
Start Your Review of Fargo
Fargo is a great city to live in. There is a large town feel at times but also has a small town feeling. It has a great downtown with events going on all year. The people are kind and always helpful.
Safe and afforadable, but wish there was more diversity in the community, more nightlife besides just bars (I don’t drink). Overall a safe and affordable place to raise a family or live cheaply.
Fargo is considered a small city probably approaching 100,000 I believe. It has a descent amount of jobs available, some of the coldest winters in the US, is very flat, windy 99% of the time, you can find some very nice people even if a few ruin that view for some. It has been a good place for me to restart my life and find my way, when I did not know what I was doing or where I was going in this world.
Fargo can be pretty cold in the winter and humid in the summer, but overall it's a very nice place to live.
I have lived in Fargo for over 30 years and have lived in a number of cities in the U.S. Most of them have been the same size as Fargo or larger. Fargo offers all of the amenities of larger city living, without the major traffic headaches. While traffic is definitely worse than when I first moved her, it is nothing compared to Mpls, or larger cities. Everything is within decent distance. If I have to get somewhere, I only need to think about a 15 minute commute, maximum. We have major concerts here, shopping centers, golf courses, cross country skiing trails and much more. Wherever one lives in the U.S. there are 3-6 months of crappy weather, other than San Diego. I would much rather see -12 degrees weather in January with sun than gray, damp 28 degree weather in Mideastern cities. I lived in hot, humid climates and you can give me cold weather any day compared to the misery of those climates.
Fargo is very unassuming. With a booming population, there are plenty of resources and opportunities right at your fingertips; however, you don't have to sacrifice that feeling of safety and midwestern values for a big city. It also is a college town, perfect for those who are looking to take advantage of the twi-college agreement. What I don't enjoy about Fargo are the 2 healthcare giants. You get Sanford or Essentia or nothing. Having had some negative experiences at both, it would be nice to see another provider emerge. Another negative thing is that the city dies down immensely by 11pm-12am, leaving not much to do for underage college kids. Also, if you don't like political divide, this is not the place for you, as there are many liberal college kids that are strongly against the largely conservative general population.
I like Fargo because there is always something to do, whether its to go for a walk, see a concert or hang out with friends at a park. You have the Red River Valley Fair in the summer and the Holiday lights in Lindenwood park in the winter.
I really enjoy the strong community values we have here. I also really love how involved all the first responders are with the community, whethere they are firefighters, policemen, EMTs, and etc.
There is a lot to do and Fargo is very safe for the most part. There are plenty of movie theaters, bowling alleys, sports complexes, gyms, and other entertainment facilities. There are also plenty of jobs.
Very diverse city. So many things to do, especially in the down town area. Fargo schools have such a great school system. Many things for families to do including many parks.
It is a safe neighboorhood that welcomes a lot of people from different background. It has a city feel but also a suburb feel as well.
Nice rural atmosphere while at the same time a medium size city - but too liberal, like many larger cities.
Fargo is a city known for its friendly community, cold winters, and spring floods. The people in Fargo are generally kind, hard working, and willing to help pull your car out of a snow drift, as is often necessary. Fargo is also a city of growing entrepreneurship, political activism, and local art. Restaurants, living spaces, and entertainment are growing quickly in the downtown area, which has resulted in rising costs and gentrification. Fargo Public Schools is fantastic and has a number of opportunities for children of all needs, interests, and abilities. Overall, Fargo is a great place to raise a family.
I am attending college in Fargo and like the small town feel of a big town. I would definitely change the road and travel conditions however. It seems as though Fargo could take better care of its travelers.
Start Your Review of Fargo
Its a pretty safe place to live. I wish there were more things to do that didn't cost so much or that a lot of people can do together.
I would strongly recommend avoid moving to Fargo. That place is stuck in a time warp, a very backwards culture. Depression is a major occurrence, I would guess it’s due to the winters. It’s not just a stereotype that people from the north are rude, Fargo lives up to it. A lot is said about cheap living and plenty of jobs, which might be true, but it’s not worth your sanity.
I love Fargo. Everything is close by and there are bus stops every were. There are many deal for college students around Fargo.