East Greenwich Reviews

Love this town. Tons of restaurants downtown, a few great clothing and gift stores as well. Very safe.
With local outdoor concerts, movie nights, and parades, plus great schools, parks, and libraries, East Greenwich is a great place to grow up.
I would not recommend moving to East Greenwich. The schools are going downhill, the moms are mean, E.G. can be a revolving door for transplants buying a 'corporate' house then dumping it just a few months later so kids never have the same friends. Sense of community is void....the only and only.good thing is that I have always felt somewhat safe here. The School Committee and Town Counsel right alot...if you have school aged kids you will find your self stressed out all the time. Tons of favoritism in the schools. If you are not the favorite mom or if your kid isn't a favorite it will not be a fun time in E.G. for you. So much inequality. Good Luck!
Start Your Review of East Greenwich
Police and fire can be a bit aggressive at times, my house burned down and no one even cared, everyone is stuck up and school is one sided. If your not rich your nothing. There’s nothing for a teen to do here either. Where do you go for fun, Oh ya no where. Other than that neighbors can be nice. stop making banks and make more recreational Establishments, no wonder kids stay inside and play video games all day.
East Greenwich, Rhode Island is a wonderful community. It is small and quaint and is located near the bay. There is almost always something going on like concerts or "Main Street Strolls." Living in East Greenwich makes it really easy to commute to other parts of the state because it is right in the middle of the state.
East Greenwich has a beautiful, thriving Main Street with great shops and restaurants. Nightlife is low-key in the off-season and comes alive in the summer with waterfront restaurants and bars. Neighborhoods are safe and quiet.
I moved to East Greenwich 14 years ago. What I love about it are the schools which are really great and my kids have made friends with incredible young people! The Main Street is excellent with over 20 restaurants, bars and it's own Theater (live music, comedy, etc.). The crime is minimal - very few instances that I'm aware of and none that have impacted me directly.

Did I mention that East Greenwich is a waterfront town with Marinas and Restaurants lining Greenwich Cove? There is really a lot to love about living in "EG."
East Greenwich, RI is a quaint town. There is lots of great food on main street and around the town. The daycare facilities around East Greenwich are great for kids and I feel like my child is safe while there.
I love East Greenwich! Having moved from northern Rhode Island, I have felt more comfortable and fit in in East Greenwich. The people here are great, and the school system is one of the best in Rhode Island. It is very safe, and offers great activities for the family.
It's small, safe, and has a good public school system. Creating more of a night life, especially during the winter, would be a change I'd like to see.
Great small town- very family friendly. Sports is a big focus for many but there's something for everyone here. Great schools that have high standards. Community is very involved and active in local events and committees.
Great school system. Lots of transplants from CT, NY and NJ so everyone is friendly. Very safe and spacious neighborhoods. Expensive but worth it!
It's a small town community with restaurants a college stores doctors lawyers a strip mall fun things to do and very good church oriented people
I've been living in East Greenwich for 7 years, and I moved here for the schools. The schools, especially the high school, are rigorous and truly teach. The Hill and Harbour neighborhood is adorable, and Main St. has 20+ shops and restaurants so you won't get bored. This town lacks diversity, and property taxes are high, but my overall experience with living in East Greenwich has been a positive one.
My overall experience with East Greenwich is that I have been living here for almost my entire life. I would not want anything to change because it is such a great community. They have amazing public schools and other facilities to offer.
Acess to beaches, parks and an active main street. Diverse shops. Quiet neighborhoods and friendly people
East Greenwich is the perfect town to start a family or grow up in, but for college aged people there isn't much to do. The town has a great school system, is very safe, and people are generally friendly. There is enough for people to do as the town is located next to the water, parks, or the strips malls of Route 2. You're only 20 minutes away from the beach in East Greenwich as well. There are a few bars in town, but very little for college aged nightlife. Taxes are slightly high but you benefit from a great school system and nice town (if you're starting a family/growing up in EG).
Start Your Review of East Greenwich
East Greenwich is the most affluent town in Rhode Island. Overall it is a great place to live. The public school system is above par. It has a collection of restaurants and shops in the center of the town. The only downsides is that it is very expensive to live there and there is not much diversity seen in East Greenwich.
It was a part of my life where I attended high school and lived with my mother. I never had any problems with crime, and the people there weren't nosy, so I suppose it wasn't a bad experience. Some of my best memories there!
I've lived in East Greenwich almost all of my life, and couldn't picture myself living anywhere else. Amazing schools, restaurants, great community to raise a family.