Dyer Reviews

It is a nice little town with some very wonderful people. People are so friendly. Feel very safe here.
I moved here in 2013, and I love it. All the people are welcoming, and loving. I am closer to my job, and school. It has given me more friends. I love the tiny aspect of it. I do feel like we need a couple of more places to eat, as we don't have many choices in that area.
I love Dyer. I have been here my whole life. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Great jobs, great school, nice people there are many great reason to live here.
Start Your Review of Dyer
Since moving to Dyer, TN in August of 2017, everyone has been very helpful to us. My husband and I purchased a foreclosure home and have been putting a lot of money into it. We moved here because it is normally a warmer climate. He had neck surgery a few years ago and the colder weather is painful. He is on social security disability and is on a lower fixed income. I am finishing my masters degree in social work by taking online classes while working at Walmart for flexibility in hours in order to complete my final internship. I love Dyer, and even though this winter is the coldest it has been here in a long time, it has been a pleasant area to live with wonderful people.
The overall experience of Dyer isn't that bad; some of the people are friendly. Most are, but there are some people who are rude.
Most of my neighbors have been here for as long as I can remember. There are a few that move in one week and out the next. Most of our neighbors have pets, cats or dogs. We do have local pet shows that keep our pets involved around the holidays. We have plenty of events. It doesn't have to be a holiday for the little town of Dyer to have something going on and the whole community is invited.
The police are always visible. Every now and then you will hear of something small happening like breaking into a car at night.. but the police are great about responding. Safety in this area is great. With police as responsive as they are, I don't really feel like safety is a problem.
I'm blessed. I have a roof over my head and food on my table so I cannot complain. I would probably choose to live here again because my family is here and I know everyone. When you walk up the street people know you by name. On a total different end of the spectrum, I would love to get away and start over when I finish school and get married. I would love to establish my own Christian based business as a Nurse Practitioner. But for now, this is home and I am blessed.
The police are like sitting ducks,however are good people. Crime is low here.
It is hard to have perect days. The weather fluctuates from day to day. I either have shorts foe very hot days or heavy coats for cold days.
Not many choices, but the bypass cafe right outside of town has some of the best food I have every had.
Not that many choices for jobs.
The businesses are great and we have caring owners and staff. I just wish there were more stores around this town; more variety.