DeForest Reviews

Overall Deforest is a very nice village to live in. I have lived here for my whole life and I have enjoyed being here. The people who live here are nice, there are events to go to, and there are a lot of good businesses.
DeForest is a small town that can be a good place to raise a family. There are little safety concerns about living here. The thing I would like to see change though is the diversity in Deforest in regards to race, sexuality and income level.
This is a great family town with lots of friendly people that make it a great small town. The town is bigger but also has a small town feel.
Start Your Review of DeForest
A safe suburb of Madison, WI. Not much happens here, but its a great place to have kids and the community is in general very good.
Very nice!!! I always feel safe and it is a nice town!!! I love how it is close to Madison, but you can have a nice neighborhood.
The set up of the town is poor, there aren't very many activities for high school students to do. The main street isn't lively.
I like that there is an updated park with more community activities. I wish there was a community center, or a place for teenagers to gather, and do safe chaperoned activities to keep them off the streets and out of trouble.
My family moved to DeForest about a year ago. We’ve been very happy with the quite, peaceful community. It’s a great place to raise a family.
DeForest is a family friendly community, with lots of natural areas, and a great place to raise kids.
DeForest is an ever-growing community a short drive from Madison. My experience has been extremely positive! We were welcomed to the neighborhood and have been enjoying everything the village has to offer. There are a few great restaurants and expansion is under way for a new one. There are great classes offered for community members and many family activities year-round- splash pad, park trails, snowshoeing, parades, and many more great activities! Houses pop up on the market regularly and get scooped up very quickly. Being close to Madison, Sun Prairie, and Waunakee means many great shops and jobs are nearby and easily accessible. The easy access to the interstate means the Dells are a quick half hour away! A great community for young families and growing families.
I like Deforest because it does have a lot to offer From bike paths to ice ponds! We are getting a few more food restaurants and other retailers which is nice, but it's hard to keep these places open. I wish our town would put back into our community!
Small town feel with great developing trails system for walking, running and biking. Negative: they are preparing to pave all the trails, leaving no gravel trails which I find very disappointing.
I like that I don't feel compelled to lock my doors, and there doesn't seem to be too much crime or violence. However, the police can be bullies, and it's pretty white washed. I honestly haven't explored the local dining or entertainment options even though I've lived here for years. That's probably because I'm gay and nervous about being out and about in public with my partner and our son. I will say the people at the local Pick and Save are consistently kind and make me feel comfortable.
The crime in Deforest is at a minimum. In the most recent years the crime I have heard and seen about has been slim. One positive factor about this town is that there are a sufficient number of police visible and around town at all hours.
Deforest is a neutral area. There has not been any crimes in the community or any negative news heard recently at all. If I could do it all over again, yes, I would choose to still live here. The community is very welcoming and generally, the people are nice and friendly. In the future, I see Deforest expanding the town expanding into much bigger and better things.
Love my town, wouldn't want to move anywhere else.
We have a great police department with wonderful officers that are eager to do their job and keep the community safe.
Start Your Review of DeForest
I believe we have an exceptional school system but there are some tweaks that cold be made. I have heard we have a huge heroin problem in the area and that needs to be fixed. This is a great place to have and raise a family but problems like this need to change in order to keep our people safe.
I had wonderful friends and family that lived there. It was a little town so it didn't have a whole lot to do, but there was a bigger city about 10 minutes away for things to do. I loved living there and maybe one day I'll go back.
Crime has gone up and school progress has gotten much worse.