Dahlonega Reviews

It's a peaceful place with little air pollution and trees to be seen all around. The town itself has multiple places you can go to hike, swim, and a number of other activities that involve being active. Crime here is very low and everyone knows each other here. Very quiet and peaceful!
Nice, quiet town. Missing a few key places I'd like to frequent, like cafes, other drink shops to go to maybe study or just buy something. Eateries and entertainment is also a bit sparse. Must drive to nearby areas for most of those things.
Dahlonega is a cute town, in the North GA mountains. It has great food and fun, Kind People. Heavy military population.
Start Your Review of Dahlonega
Dahlonega is a great place to live. There is a great little downtown with family owned shops and restaurants. There are a lot of hiking trails that are easily accessible and vary in difficulty and scenery.
Charming and quaint, this small mountain town nestled in the foothills in North Georgia is a perfect destination for all. Whether looking for a safe place to raise a family, or just a cozy, beautiful vacation spot, Dahlonega has it all. With rich history and break taking views, the fun is endless.
Beautiful mountain town with all the rustic amenities. The fall leaves and nearby bumpkin farms are wonderful and the town is spectacular during Christmas.
Something I love about Dahlonega is that the town is always very pretty. The mountain views are breathtaking, even after living here for years. Something I would like to see change about Dahlonega is that the people are not very open minded and not fond of change or people that are different from them - particularly when it comes to politics.
Dahlonega is an absolutely beautiful town! I have lived here since 2004 and the locals here are so kind and helping. I have been stuck on the side of the road several times and locals always stop to help and make sure I'm okay. The hometown shops and places to eat are adorable and they feel so cozy!
Comfortable town, beautiful, not very exciting. Touristy things to do, but better for an older demographic. The college does not help the town fewl younger.
I liked the community and the mountains. Everyone is down to earth and remains civil. I moved here from New Jersey and could not imagine a better community for an outsider to be welcomed into. Everyone treats everyone like family.
The Historic Dahlonega Square is a cute little area, great for touring. The stores are filled with goodies for everyone in the family. The Gold Mines are a definite attraction that should be visited. The surrounding area is great for those days spent for just driving and looking at the picturesque views.
I have enjoyed living in Dahlonega, GA for the past two years. I have liked that it is a small town and small community.
Dahlonega is a family-friendly town. Known for the gold in history. UNG, is also located downtown has a variety of shops it is very popular with the tourists.
Dahlonega is a small town nestled in the Appalachian Mountains. It has a wide variety of people & places to explore. There are the natives that are warm, welcoming, hard-working folks and there are all the college students since Dahlonega is home to the University of North Georgia. There are several unique bars and resraurants with live music and great food and just a few miles from the town square lies the starting point of the famous Appalachian Trail. The Chestatee River runs through Dahlonega for those that love water adventures such as canoeing & kayaking. This is not just a rustic small town for nature lovers though as there are fine art studios, several wineries & vineyards, and more unique shops than you can count. There is something here for people from every walk of life and the beauty of the surroundings is the greatest lure of them all.
Dahlonega feels like a home away from home, this place has lovely locals. Everyone in the town is inviting and so very thoughtful. The best thing is walking on the square on the weekdays when it it quiet, the beautiful bright red leaves are falling and the smell of boiled peanuts lingering across the roads to the campus.
I have lived in Dahlonega for 4 years now as a student at UNG. Dahlonega has become my home. It is in the perfect location whether you want to go to Atlanta, Athens, Nashville, Asheville, etc. I have met so many great people here that have been revolved around who I am today. The one thing I would like to see change is more acceptance to the diversity that the school has brought to Dahlonega. Although, I do love the small town feel of Dahlonega and it’s community.
Dahlonega is a nice little town for older people, however it has a great military College! Its a beautiful town for relaxation and expxloring nature places. It has great Mountains and Waterfalls,it also known as the first gold city found.
Start Your Review of Dahlonega
The townspeople are always friendly. There is a diversity of local mom& pop ownership mixed in with corporate businesses. The local area has a great mix of shopping and restaurant businesses and many outdoor activities to fill a relaxing day with. The local colleges are rated in the top 20 of most lists, e.g. safest campus, lowest tuition costs, healthiest campus in America ect. The crime rates are low and the neighborhoods are very family friendly.
It is a very friendly town. It is both a college town and a tourist spot.
We have the small town feel with many benefits from the college. Since it is a tourist town we reap the benefits of festivals, great places to eat and tour.
Wineries, gold Mines, Museums, etc
I have grown up in Dahlonega and walking the square. My favorite things about Dahlonega is all the cute old stores and the Christmas lights. I remember walking around the old store ever since is was very little. My family and I have also made it a tradition to drive around the square every year to see the Christmas lights. It is something that I hope to do with my family as well. One thing I wish would be changed is a more organized way to leave after fire works on the Fourth of July.