Colorado City Reviews

I have lived in Colorado City since I was five years old. Nothing bad has happened to myself and my family. We have moved one time and the market was open and not to high. There are many people there that are friendly and welcoming. Once you are there it is hard to get out, but not in a bad way. There are plenty of places to eat with a wide diversity of foods. This town gives you a small town feel, but with medium town setting. It is great to raise a family here due to not much traffic. Kids can play and you do not have to worry about them.
I have lived here all of my life. Everybody knows everybody, which can be both a good thing and a bad thing. We are like a huge family of about 4,000 people. When someone is in need we all pitch in.
Colorado City is a small town in west Texas. While there isn't much to do there, the people are amazing. Known as CCity, this town is a caring community with many family-owned businesses. The upside to Colorado City is the people, the downside is the lack of jobs and the lack of entertainment options. Most people are employed by the prison, school district, or work in the oil field. The high school has a terrific dual-credit program which allows students to earn enough credits for an Associates Degree from nearby Western Texas College. The elementary and middle school are in a newly built and amazing head-start thru eighth grade campus. The nearest mall is an hour away and the in-town movie theater has only one screen. If you are looking for a great place to raise your kids, this is the place. If you are vacationing or looking for a socially active single lifestyle, this is not the place for you.
Start Your Review of Colorado City
Colorado City is a nice quiet small town. We are situated at a cross roads between Lubbock to the north, San Angelo to the south, Abilene to the east and Midland to the west. There are a number of community events including a Ranch Rodeo in March, Railhead Trade Days every quarter, the Annual Boar Goat Cookoff every October, mud bogs, and Antique car shows. We are an agribusiness meets the oil industry community.
I haven't seen any real signs of crime, but when we moved here we were warned that the houses around us had all been broken into.
There is virtually nothing here. Job opportunities are non-existent.
Moved here for job opportunity. Area is predominantly petroleum based. Little opportunity for other career fields.