Colchester Reviews

There's lots of fresh air and it's still close to Burlington. There's lots of easy trails in the area, and also access to more interesting hiking, too.
Colchester is a sprawling town that is surrounded on one side by the stunning Lake Champlain, within walking distance to several state and city parks. Many rich artistic areas and plenty of restaurants with local food and fun. Quite town within 5 minutes of Downtown Burlington and the local University of Vermont as well as other local colleges. Stroll down Church street for plenty of treats. Colchester has the best schools and very low crime.
Very welcoming and everyone cares about one another. My highschool ranked high in the State of Vermont and allowed me to have a successful education which I am very grateful for. I currently attend college in the same town and am already looking forward to my future. My work is in Colchester and they have always been supportive of me and my decisions and have allowed flexible hours in order for me to also be a successful student. Colchester has allowed me a happy upbringing and has shaped me as the person I am today.
Start Your Review of Colchester
My experience with Colchester, VT has been very good. The town has many amenities such as beaches, hiking trails and so much more. Colchester is a very active town and you will see people walking, riding bikes and running-alone or with their families-and is also super friendly. Everyone is more than willing to stop during a walk and strike up a conversation with anyone. It is like small town living with the amenities of a big city right next door!
Colchester has tons of places to explore. Bayside Park is a fun way to spend time with family with tons of activities to partake in during the summertime.
This town is fairly large for Vermont and has a ton to do. The town is fairly wealthy but, lots of residents can be fairly insensitive about their privilege.
It’s actually pretty boring. There’s not much to do here. The schools are subpar, and to do anything really; you have to to go into neighboring towns, foregoing any kind of resident discounts.
We have lived in colchester for 20 years. The town planning is vdry good as far as clustering retail away from neighborhoods so property values rise. Colchester has a great public safety system and school system. Great trails in mallets bay area. Home values are only increasing over time..my neighborhood has lovely neighbors who are house proud.
I currently go to school in the area. Since arriving here I have been very pleased with the opportunities to get off campus and become involved in the community.
A tight community. Not to small and not too large. Many things to do such as spending a day on the lake or hiking at the many parks. Not far from Burlington and Montreal. Good schools
Colchester is a fantastic town that is close to the lake, close to the city, with lots of restaurants, and a great school system.
Small town feel with great out door activities nearby. The schools perform well and low crime rate make it a great place to raise kids. The rental and home prices are higher than expected and job opportunities could be better.
Colchester is a wonderful family town. It has several different beaches being right next to the lake, a great school system from elementary to high school (there's also several pre-schools that offer amazing opportunities to younger children!), and tons of local businesses from Sam Mazza's to The Village Scoop! Colchester has several parks that allow children to engage in local sports leagues or just have fun. I'm so lucky to have grown up in such a great town!
Beautiful town off Lake Champlain in Vermont. It is what I love about Colchester. I would like to see a multicultural center, safe sidewalks, connecting sidewalks from Colchester Center Village to Mallets Bay and a small bus service that goes to Mallets Bay area.
I love that Colchester is a great place to raise children and has great programs but I do wish Colchester had a town center.
Colchester is a beautiful town. There are many opportunities to outdoor activities, there are also many groups in the area for most interests.
Living in Colchester, Vermont has given me the opportunity to attend some of the best public schools in Vermont. The teachers at Colchester High School really care about there students and that shows in the success that students have after high school.

Growing up my parents took advantage of Colchester Parks & Recreation. I took swimming lessons at Bayside Park and when I was older I went to tennis camps. Colchester's Little League Baseball and Softball program gave me the opportunity to play softball at a young age. The fields at Airport Park are extremely well kept.

I have loved growing up in Colchester. I've never felt unsafe. Colchester is a town where people of all ages can get involved.
Start Your Review of Colchester
Not a very diverse community.
I feel safe going pretty much anywhere at any time of day, even by myself.
I came up here from Maryland to go to school, and I never want to leave. Everyone here is so friendly and open, the scenery is beautiful and there's always a ton to do. Burlington is full of activities and food and music. There's a lot of positive energy.