Cleveland Heights Reviews

Property taxes are really high. Much more crime today, than in the past. All times of night and day you hear sirens.
I love the old-school class of Cleveland Heights. It's a suburb just up the hill from Case Western Reserve University. The houses are old but well-maintained, and it's a neighborhood that I can see will appeal to people for generations to come. There is a bit of an issue with crime here, as it is so close to downtown Cleveland. There are robberies and carjackings, so I don't feel 100% safe, but the area has a lot of classy character. And the stuff I would like to change is all the carjacking and all the robberies and stuff. I would like to bring more Camera to Cleveland heights to stop all the robberies and carjacking
Living in the small area called little italy is amazing! So much culture matched with a vibrant history that you get to see touch and smell every day.
Start Your Review of Cleveland Heights
Amazing location. So much to offer for families. Close to parks, museums, art, culture, universities. Walkable. Beautifully built homes.
The diversity is amazing. It has so many things to do mainly in the summer and fall months. It seem like they always have something new going on every other week which is pretty cool.
The two halfs of city vary vastly in almost every quality. Schools need some work, shares district with University heights. School has good ccp program.
I have been stuck in Cleveland Heights for over two decades now due to a combination of professional and health concerns. Life-long Cleveland area residents are defensive and prone to exaggerate the area's positives. While Cleveland Height DOES have old homes that are pretty from the outside most are 70-90 years old with plumbing problems, little to no insulation in the walls, and poor electrical systems. The typical homes is drafty and damp in the winter. Many of the houses are rented by absentee landlords. (I have experienced all of this in 3 separate houses). Many of the old trees are being cut down by the city due to complaints from younger home owners. While crime may have dropped a bit a few years ago a popular bar owner was killed in his own bar and there was a series of carjackings and mugging. People here just don't talk about problems. The nicer spots are vanishing.
I am a born and raised Cleveland Heights resident who has lived in San Francisco and Ann Arbor and travelled all over the world, only to happily land back home.

I love the urban suburb feeling, being able to walk to restaurants, Shaker Lakes, the farmers market, the excellent library, and tons of playgrounds for the kids.

Since it’s so close to University Circle and downtown, the Natural History Museum and Children’s museums are like other living rooms for my kids!

Our neighborhood is incredibly quiet and I’ve never really had to think twice about safety. We have great block parties so we really feel connected to our neighbors.

I value the independent businesses, the diversity of people (culturally, socio-economically, ethnically), the gorgeous houses, all the trees, and the ease of getting everything I need so close to home!

Having gone to the public schools and ending up at a top ten school for architecture, I know that the schools are great too.
Moved to Cle Hts about a year ago. Beautiful, historic homes, with very reasonable cost of living - property and RITA tax a bummer though. No safety concerns at all- very quiet at night. The perfect mix of suburban and urban - quiet, tree lined streets, with restaurants, coffee shops, nightlife within walking distance. Also good cultural opportunities - especially all the concerts in Cain Park during the summer. People are friendly - lots of people out walking - family-friendly! Love the diversity of the community and progressive vibe - moving from the East coast, I feel at home here.
I have lived here my entire life. I have owned a home for 43 years. CH taxes are very high for the services we get. City leadership is lacking. The City Mgr form of Govt. is not working. Politically it is very liberal and the claims of diversity are false because opinions other than Progressive are not welcome and anyone not connected to the County Democratic Party is dismissed. Many properties are not maintained and enforcement if poor.
Cleveland Heights offers a variety of affordable housing options.
With world class healthcare minutes away at the main campuses of The Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals, my family receives excellent care.
The Parks & Recreation Dept. offers swimming , tennis, ice skating and beautiful parks to enjoy.
There are great neighborhoods for children to safely eat, work , and play.
There are great coffee shops and restaurants.
The school district offers innovative programs from pre-k to college prep.
But most of all, Cleveland Heights is safe. The police and fire departments work hard to ensure the safety of residents by their vigilance and quick response.
I think that Cleveland Heights is a great city to live in! I was born and raised here and have always felt welcomed. The city has always been very diverse which is something that I love. We have places to eat, socialize and shop, but no major shopping mall (we have a strip mall) or restaurants.

We do have a wonderful library and schools and people are encouraged to get involved with the community which is always a good thing.
I grew up here and love it here. My fiancée and I are looking into buying a house here. It amazes me at the diversity and inclusion that this city has. There are different races, religions, and creeds on every street.
Great place to live, work, and raise a family! I have lived here my whole life and I'm blessed to raise my family here.
I've lived in Cleveland Hts., since I was a kid and its a nice neighborhood, and its not a far work to Cvs or the library.
I've lived in Cleveland Hts. nearly my entire life and loved it. I've moved away and ended up moving right back to raise my child. My neighbors are wonderful and pleasant. The school system is one of the best in the county. Very safe place to raise a family
Start Your Review of Cleveland Heights
I love living in Cleveland Heights it’s quite and a very nice community to reside in. And a great school system for children also it may not be the best but able to get a education
I just moved to Cleveland Heights and am loving it. Beautifully preserved area with lots of greenery and good public services. I particularly enjoy the Coventry area and the community center.
I love living in the area and community very nice area and environment and quite. Nice city to live in!