Cimarron Hills Reviews

We have lived here for a year and a half. We have a small child and the neighborhood is very family friendly. We live in Claremont Ranch and there is no HOA, which is a plus to us. The neighborhood still looks pretty good. There is some theft crime, but that is anywhere you go nowadays. The park nearby is small, but good for our uses. Probably not for older kids. Close to King Soopers and really anything one might need. Good view of Pikes Peak in most of the neighborhood. My only beef is that the houses are too close together. I basically see houses out of every window in my house. However I realize this is common here. I'm from Texas and lived in a small town where the houses are a little more spread out. That also seems all over the Springs. Not necessarily Cimarron Hills.
Cimarron Hills is mostly a quiet neighborhood, but does have areas within that are higher in crime rates. I live in an apartment that I consider to be safe. This neighborhood is close to shopping and restaurants. It is a convenient location.
There is plenty of shopping and restaurants in the area. Neighborhoods are pretty quiet and have lots of families that live here. Everything you could ever need is within 5 miles such as Lowes, Walgreens, Texas Roadhouse, Walmart, Target, Game Stop, Safeway, King Soopers, and anything else you might need. Worse case is you have to drive to the north end of town which is only 15 minutes or so away. Overall I wouldn't live in any other part of town.
Start Your Review of Cimarron Hills
Cimarron Hills is a family friendly neighborhood, just on the edge of the east side of Colorado Springs. It is very close to Peterson AFB, Highway 24, shops, restaurants, movie theater, grocery stores. Costco, Target, Walmart, are all within 5 miles. The Colorado Springs airport is 10 minutes away while the downtown area is approximately 10 miles away. This family friendly neighborhood is perfect for military families that are looking for a home that is in a safe neighborhood, while also being close to schools and military installations. Currently, a King Soupers grocery superstore is being built in the neighborhood, with a four store strip mall section and a couple of stand-alone businesses also in the plans for an early 2017 grand opening.
There is almost never houses available because no one ever moves from here. There is never abandoned properties. The housing is generally more expensive here which is why ism applying for scholarships.
The neighbors will always say hello, but there will hardly ever be a party or gathering. People do tend to live in the area for quite a long time. There is also always people walking their dogs with a smile on their face.
The crime around the neighborhood is not highly active. It is a safe neighborhood with cops visible almost always when leaving the area.
The area I currently live in now is lovely. It offers a large selection of shops in town. It is near the main road in town and is growing rapidly. The area will continue to grow economically and will become the new downtown of the city. There will be more employment opportunities available. The neighborhood will become a sought after area.
The quality of housing is about average, a mix of older and newer homes. I have not seen any vacant or abandoned properties. Cost of housing varies by the make of the house.. Utilities are a bit over priced especially when it comes to gas and electricity. The farther south you go, the worse the neighborhood gets
Neighbors do not talk to each other
There has not been any crime in our neighborhood since we have lived here. However, I have only been here for a couple of months. Streets are not very well lit at night but that's okay
Overall, the neighborhood is nice and quiet. Not really a whole of drama going on. However, in the winter, the roads are not plowed very well. The park near by is also not very good.
The are now abandoned buildings. The cost of housing has gone down.
There are very little community activities.
There has been on shooting her since my grandmother has lived her, which is about 45 years. The police were very responsive to this situation.
The neighbors can be loud and the street is covered in cars, but overall there is no violence or drugs.
Older, well established area of town. It like any part of town has its good parts and its bad parts.
Start Your Review of Cimarron Hills
There are nice people and things to do
There are some houses that are very poorly maintained, but overall it's excellent.
Everyone here is very active.