- County in Virginia
Overall Niche Grade
- Public Schoolsgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C+
- Nightlifegrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Jobsgrade B+
- Weathergrade B minus
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Health & Fitnessgrade A minus
- Outdoor Activitiesgrade A minus
- Commutegrade C
Spotsylvania County is located in Virginia with a population of 132,833. In Spotsylvania County, most residents own their homes. Many families and young professionals live in Spotsylvania County and residents tend to lean conservative.
Median Home Value
Rent vs. Own
Sponsored Mortgage Options for Spotsylvania County
- Find a loan that's right for you. Compare today's top mortgage and refinancing providers.
- Fast financing, unprecedented service, and no hidden fees.
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Spotsylvania County Rankings
Niche ranks thousands of places to live based on key statistics from the U.S. Census and and expert insights.
Crime & Safety
- Calculated annually per 100,000 residents
- AssaultNo data availablenational 282.7
- MurderNo data availablenational 6.1
- RapeNo data availablenational 40.7
- RobberyNo data availablenational 135.5
- Calculated annually per 100,000 residents
- BurglaryNo data availablenational 500.1
- TheftNo data availablenational 2,042.8
- Motor Vehicle TheftNo data availablenational 284
Based on ethnic and economic diversity.
- <10 years13%
- 10-17 years12%
- 18-24 years8%
- 25-34 years12%
- 35-44 years13%
- 45-54 years15%
- 55-64 years13%
- 65+ years14%
- Master's degree or higher12%national 12%
- Bachelor's degree19%national 20%
- Some college or associate's degree30%national 29%
- High school diploma or equivalent29%national 27%
- Less than high school diploma9%national 12%
Working in Spotsylvania County
Based on employment rates, job and business growth, and cost of living.
Median Household Income
Top Private Schools in Spotsylvania County
- grade A+
- Rating 4.23 out of 5 39 reviews
- grade A minus
St. Michael the Archangel High School
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 17 reviews
- grade B+
Fredericksburg Christian School
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade B minus
Faith Baptist School
- Rating 3 out of 5 11 reviews
- grade B
Lighthouse Academy of Fredericksburg
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 4 reviews
Spotsylvania County Reviews
Rating 3.66 out of 5 288 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I generally had a great experience growing up in Spotsylvania County! As a kid I was never bored as my parents could always find fun things to do. Whether it was a trip to an apple orchard, canoeing down the Rappahannock river, or walking around downtown Fredericksburg our location was perfect for a variety of activities. Now that I am older and looking for better walk-ability and night life it is not the best area for that however it will always be a great place to come home too.
Spotsylvania County is a beautiful county just outside Fredericksburg, Virginia. Although there is not much to do, the people are wonderful and so interesting, and it is never boring. It's a very diverse place, but if I could change anything it would be the level of acceptance of some people. There are a lot of traditions some are a little unwilling to change. Overall though, things are still improving and more people are becoming more welcoming to others that are different than themselves. I'm happy to live here and to enjoy the amazing views, the sunsets here never disappoint. It's a very family friendly place, and downtown Fredericksburg is somewhere that you could spend days walking around. This county is also at the heart of many civil war battlefields, there is an unbelievable amount of history packed into the area. I've once took a metal detector to my backyard and found a compass, and I've heard many similar stories. The outdoors are a huge part of life here for good reason.
I have lived in Spotsylvania County my whole life and absolutely loved it! I have attended the fire works put on on the Fourth of July, spent time in the little markets and coffee shops, and enjoyed living in the country.