Shawano County Reviews

Shawano County has a lot of recreational activities to do all year round. Shawano Lake is open for swimming, skiing and boating in the summer. In the winter there is ice fishing, snowmobiling and skating. Shawano county is a very family friendly place to visit and vacation.
This county is beautiful in all four seasons. It has nice parks and lakes. The view is breath taking especially on a warm summer night.
There is NOTHING to do in this town. If you do not have to live here, do not do it. Waste of time and money.
Start Your Review of Shawano County
Shawano, is a small town that is surrounded by farms, lakes, streams and forests. With a four season climate, you can camp, hunt, fish, boat, sail, canoe, golf, ski, hike, and snowmobile. Cost of living is very affordable, below state national average. Shawano is about 30-45 minutes away from bigger cities like Green Bay and Appleton. Also Shawano has Theda Care Medical Center with a clinic attached. Crime rate is below the national average and Shawano is the type of community that looks after one another, were still small enough to watch out for one another.
The city of Shawano is a nice sized smaller town of about 9100 residents. There is a wide array of restaurants, a good school system, and a lot of rummages in the summer months!
Shawano is a very family friendly area, great outdoors and shopping areas for a small town. It is located by the wolf river, which in the summer time you can have great outdoor activities. A lot of parks and walking trails.
Shawano is great community to raise a family in. We have an incredible family oriented public safety crew. The men and women that service our community are the same men and women taking their children to school on a daily basis and protecting and serving our little ones. Shawano has a variety of opportunities for family fun activities such as: Lakeshore Lanes bowling alley, Shawano Cinema indoor and outdoor theater, Shawano Lake, the Recreation center, and many outdoor playgrounds and RV and camping parks. One thing Shawano could use is an outdoor pool or splash pad. Overall, I have enjoyed raising my family in the city of Shawano and plan to stay here for many years to come.
I have grown up close to Shawano, since I was in third grade when my parents moved us from Indiana. I love being in small towns and living out in the country, since I grew up on a farm I do caring the label country girl to heart. I one thing that needs to change in our town is to get bigger store chains back in our town. We lost Kmart, Payless Shoes, and most recently JcPenny. We know only have one big store, which is Walmart. The good news is that we are only 45 minutes away from Green Bay, where we have many good stores to choose from.
Small town with great shopping experiences. Clean friendly parks and plenty of restaurants to eat at. Lots of parades during the holidays for families to enjoy.
A quiet small town with not a lot to offer for activities aside from the Mountain Bay trail and a few coffee shops.