Roanoke County Reviews

I loved going to Glen Cove Elementary and Northside Middle and High School. I loved the band teachers and classes. Also I love going the the Roanoke County Rec Center. There facilities have everything I need to stay in shape and healthy.
It is an overall great place to live. People are typically nice and the school systems are great! There are a lot of businesses to look around at including clothing stores, restaurants, arts and craft stores, the mall, antiques, bakeries, libraries, movie theaters, entertainment places and more. It is looked at as a small part of Southwest Virginia, but it has a lot of personality and the community is based on togetherness.
Roanoke is the City that still thinks it is a Town....it is very friendly, and a great town to retire in! Lots of hospitals and Drs. and retirement communities.
Start Your Review of Roanoke County
It is a perfect hometown, I wouldn't want to grow up anywhere else. The only thing I'd change is the amount of litter on roadsides.
I was born and raised in Roanoke and I plan on retiring here. Living in Roanoke, you have access to so many activities - hiking, kayaking, swimming, boating, the list goes on. I love that we have 4 seasons. Fall and Spring are absolutely beautiful in Roanoke! Roanoke is within 3-4 driving hours of major cities such as Washington DC, Richmond and Charlotte, NC. The city continues to grow and become more diverse. I can't think of one thing I would change!
I enjoy Roanoke because you can drive ten minutes one direction and be downtown or at the mall, but if you drive ten minutes the other direction, then you're in the beautiful country roads and mountains. There's no shortage of hikes and scenery out here. However, I wish there were more to do than just eat and hike because, in the winter, you can't do much hiking, only eating.
Roanoke is a good place to live for singles and families. There is a lot to do, hokey, concerts and the down town market is fun to walk around. Great schools.
Aside from Interstate 81, Roanoke county offers a calm nice suburb for families who want to escape form the traffic-busy life that bigger cities bring. There are great restaurants such as; Cafe Asia, Hollywood's, and Lew's.
Honestly it's quite and cozy. There are no real interruptions about and the mountains are beautiful around here. The weather can be bi-polar though.
I like Roanoke because it is easy going. The crime rate in Roanoke seems to be small. Going out and having fun is easy. My favorite thing to do is go to the star on top of Mill Mountain and over look the city.
Very safe and beautiful county. Great place to raise children. I love that people never know where I love until I invite them over. The safety is great and a huge plus for me and my family.
Roanoke is a wonderful place to live. If you love adventures and the outdoors, Roanoke offers that! There are great hiking trails, and rivers to kayak. The greenway runs throughout Roanoke. Roanoke has great local restaurants. If you love beer, there are plenty of breweries here too!
Nestled in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, Roanoke offers an abundance of outdoor activities for families. The county public schools score very high and are located in safe neighborhoods. There are a variety of restaurants and the area is continuing to attract new businesses. Overall, a great place to live!
Roanoke County is a safe yet fun town. It is absolutely wonderful for outdoor activities such as hiking and mountain biking because of the plethora of trails that Roanoke and the surrounding area has to offer. Not only that but there is a lot of culture and festivals in this county. Also has many delicious restaurants to eat at!
I’ve just recently moved to Roanoke, VA from a larger city and overall I do like that Roanoke is very quiet and rather quaint. Roanoke is constantly attracting new businesses. There are a lot of fun acitivties to do in downtown Roanoke. However, since Roanoke is a small but growing city, the roads need updated as traffic is an ever increasing problem. Most of the school districts lack funding. It is a relatively inexpensive city to live in. Since Roanoke is a Valley, we offer the beautiful scenery of mountains and lakes. There are tons of places to go hiking, fishing, and kayaking.
I would like to see the community in some type of progression. It appears to just to continue to decline.
Roanoke County is a great place to live. There are a ton of fitness places and healthy options. The area could use more places to shop. Perhaps even an outlet mall. It
Start Your Review of Roanoke County
Great place to raise children and the schools are wonderful. Safety is not a concern. The schools prepare you for college. Cave Spring is in the top 26 schools in the state of Virginia.
I think that Roanoke is a great area to live and work. There are so many outdoor areas to enjoy. Tons of hiking, biking and green ways to walk. With two cities within the county, there is plenty of shopping, dining and cultural places to visit. A definite place to see is the Roanoke Star. It is the world's largest freestanding illuminated man-made star, constructed in 1949 at the top of Mill Mountain. If you are into craft brewing, Roanoke boasts many local small breweries. There is an endless amount of things to explore here!
I feel as if Roanoke is not a progressive city . They are very behind in jobs and atmosphere. Roanoke is behind in alot of ways they are behind in education,lifestyle,jobs,transportation . Its a nice place to grow old if you are retired.