Los Alamos County Reviews

Los Alamos is a small town with friendly people. It is focused around a lab, so the public school system is good. Overall it is a nice town
It's a very safe place. The schools are good, but high pressure. The buses are free, which is very nice. Not much local food, but what's there is good. There's not much to do, though, and it's not cheap.
This is a prefect community for a young family - small, safe and great schools. However, the town goes to sleep early, shopping is not especially diverse, and the cost of living is higher than average. Overall, this small town in the mountains of New Mexico is worth the negatives.
Start Your Review of Los Alamos County
Evening social gatherings could be a possible focus for supply and demand small businesses. Social dances, elementary school family social evening.
Quaint but friendly town, with plenty of outdoor activities. There is a ski hill in the winter, hikes throughout the canyons, and an abundance of places to go mountain biking.
I attend school at Los Alamos and I find it very refreshing up there in the mountain. There are a number of things to do in the area. I utilize the library, for movies and books; Smith's grocery store, has a Starbucks and sushi ; Supercuts for my kids haircuts; and Ashley Pond.

If there would be an improvement in the area I would like to see a Taco Bell. When I am at school there isn't a local place to eat when you just want something affordable. A local catering company has recently been housed on campus but the price for coffee, pastries or meal is too high for most students on a budget. When I have class all day and one right after another I need something in walking distance, quick, and affordable.

I enjoy the city. I live in San Ildefonso Pueblo down the hill from the town and it's nice to experience what the city has to offer. It is a twenty minute drive from home and with two kids it's great that it's close and I can get a lot done.