Burke Reviews

Having grown up in Burke I feel I'm uniquely qualified to dish out the goods on the all the great places to score some grub. Visitors looking for the best food in the area will suffer from analysis paralysis. Are you a fan of Mexican food? Anita's and El Pueblo to the rescue! Need some Greek or Italian to finish the night? Spartan's and Malek's are on it! Oh, you're looking for Lebanese? You've found the Cedar Café!

Practically any style or ethnicity is represented in the cuisine in Burke. Ask a local for any suggestions as they are myriad!
I've lived in Burke for 12 years. As a child thi place holds special memories. It was my families first home and every bit of it was our paradise. Burke is a quiet suburban area with the typical whitepicket fence.
Quiet, almost to the point where it gets really boring, however it is very safe and educational place for students. The area is very diverse too but everyone is very accepting and not judgmental.
Review Burke
I love our neighborhood in Burke. I live in a SFH and the families around us have been here either since the houses were built or there are new families that have kids my kids ages. The school system here is wonderful and coming from Montgomery County, MD I love it much more here.
I feel one hundred percent safe everywhere I go. The people are great, there are plenty of things to do, and there is a great diversity. the only thing I can really complain about is the awful traffic that is always there, not just during rush hour.
I like living in Burke. It provides me with great schooling opportunities and it allows me to be close to D.C. so I can be an active member of this country. I only wish there was something more to do at night or over the weekend. I have to drive somewhere at least 20 minutes away for me to have a break from my schooling. Overall I love where I live, it is a great place for me to grow up and a great place for me to figure out who I am.
Safe environment where kids can grow and prosper.
Overall crime is not noticeable meaning everyday safety is not something I usually think about. There have been more break ins and robberies recently, but I think that is just random.
The diversity of the area made it very easy to assimilate and fit in when we first moved here, in contrast to many other areas, where new people were the exception and not the rule. Better driving than in rural areas as well.
It is very calm and friendly
Until last month, it was great then my car got broken into. Gladly nothing got stolen out of my car but others yeah.
Crimes are not prevalent, police present moderately
I would live here again, but I might also move.
I would love to raise a family here but it is not the most exciting place.
This area is right next to my college so it's really convenient.
Worst quality of life and culture in the United States.....also the most arrogant and aggressive. Narcissism is rampant.
Definitely a great place to raise kids, however as a young professional it would be difficult to get by financially.
Review Burke
There's so much traffic and the cost of living here is not worth it.
Over time you find new things to do around.
It changes very rapidly. Can change 80 degrees in two days and often does. Summers get very muggy but usually it rains at night