Burien Reviews

So there is a lot of stuff going on in the city of Burien. I live on the north side of Burien and it's really loud because I live right below runway 3 of the SeaTac International Airport so there are a lot of planes landing. In my part of town, there is not a lot happening. People stay to themselves they are no real sense of community/neighborly love like it is in other places. In fact, I will be honest I don't even know my neighbors. The closer you get to Downtown Burien and the shopping areas that is where you will see a lot of crime, drugs and homeless people hanging around especially at the local library. I don't even like going the town library because of all the illegal stuff happening.
Diverse neighborhood with number of hidden treasures like small mom and pop shops here and there, number of parks and awesome coffee spots.
Burien, WA is quickly growing from the small 'home-town' feel to an up-and-coming neighborhood. It boasts niche restaurants, farmer's markets, outdoor concerts, and festivals for all.

The four out of five stars stems from the local drug and crime activity. The city is in a growth spurt and its city hall is playing catch up with law enforcement increases. Seattle's growth and unbelievable cost of living has forced even homeless populations to relocate and Burien does not have the infrastructure, as-of-yet, to support their needs.

That being said, the city is taking action to support all residents, of every type, and the housing rates are great, if you're willing to make the 13 mile commute into the city every day...or use public transportation.
Review Burien
I really enjoy the weather and the majority of the people in Burien. However, I would like to see the drug and crime rate drop significantly.
I've lived in the Burien suburbs for the majority of my life. The opportunities and atmosphere vary greatly on whether you are willing and open to exploring the places around you. There are many interesting people and businesses wherever you look.
The area us very quiet area, and it is safe to live at the area. Burien is very close to downtown and seatac international airport. Cost of living is fair comparing with the​other neighbor Hood.
I like the environment around where I live because it is very clean and safe. I never worry about hanging out around at nights. Also, Sea Tac airport is close to my place which is very convenient for me. A lot of green of the way to school always gives me fresh morning and cheers me up.
Burien is a nice suburb of Seattle. However, it would be better if it's hub downtown had more large tennants in it's core "downtown", starting with a movie theatre and places of interest (some sort of entertainment and shopping). this would better complement it's already established restaurants and attempts of housing density.
I've lived here and around here all my life. I can't imagine living anywhere else. I love the people around here, it's so diverse. The houses are kind of expensive but it's a great area.
Great place to live and everything is nearby. Friendly neighborhood everyone is like family. Schools are hands on. We have shopping centers on every block with gas stations and gyms.
Buren is a community of "haves" and "have-not's" thus there are many challenges. Most exist due to socioeconomic. The education the schools offer is sub par but the wealthy send their children to private schools so it's an issue that's never addressed. Most offers of address come in the form of bond which do not pass. The drug and poverty problems will all persist until the education piece is fixed.
Burien maintains a friendly and supportive community atmosphere that is conducive to learning and positive family experiences. There are many chain and family owned businesses to meet a diverse set of needs in the community. The only improvement I would recommend is a larger police force to ensure the safety of citizens around the clock.
I have lived in Burien for over 4 years. Location is great, you are close to all the amenities, shopping malls, airport, restaurants, and only 15 minutes from downtown Seattle. However, there is still much to be improved. Being a small town/neighborhood you would think that could walk to and from places, but there is a lack of sidewalks. There is heavy traffic in all major streets. Playgrounds are ok, but none are great. Although, children love the water fountain next to the library and city hall. There are racks to park your bike at key places such as the library, but not many people use them. On the positive side, events throughout the year are great including the farmers' market.
Houses get robbed. Murder happening down the street.
Very quiet. Peaceful. Lots of trees. Laid back. Independent.
The safety and crime in my area is great, cops respond right are, not much crime that happens. I could leave my door unlocked with out worrying about someone coming into my house. I live next to a fire department which is great. The police of the area is visibly and straight forward with the rules.
The area I live in is great the only thing I wish for was that stores could be a littler close, just how the East Coast is. Everything out there is easy to get to, its all walking distance, I don't have to waste gas to go to the store.
Review Burien
There are a lot of events that the community offers, you can participate if you want to, and you can find opportunities to be involved in the community as well.
There is quite a bit of crime around the area but it does not have a huge impact on me and where I live. I know that there are shootings and violent acts that happen around the area, but if you don't get involved it doesn't impact you much.
There are few if any criminal activities. mostly just the youth trying to explore themselves have test their boundaries.