1. Town in Maine

Brunswick Reviews

Brunswick has a comfortable hometown atmosphere, while still providing a plethora of activities to do that other small towns don't have. You can watch the upcoming Bowdoin college sports event, eat out at the myriad of restaurants, or go skating on the green right in town!
I moved to Brunswick when I was in the 6th grade. It's a really pleasant area that is really maineish. I live in the rural area off Durham and its pleasant in the woods.
If you like the small-town feel, the town of Brunswick is great! Everything shuts down at 1am, so not for those who want to party all night, but people will recognize you in town and in general the townies are pretty nice to the students.
Crime is everywhere. Im sure it will never fully go aware. The police here are very responsive, they respond quickly and get involved with the community as much as possible.
I lived here since i was about ten years old. I always though I would move back to Massachusetts as soon as I could. Sometimes I still want to move back, but would have a hard time leaving the friends I have made here in Maine. I also couldn't leave my family, they have always had my back and supported me through everything and I think that has been a major help though my life. I can't say i would choose to live here again, but think everything happens for a reason. I met my husband here and couldn't imagine if we never met. Other times I wonder what other opportunities I would of had if I lived in a more populate area. I think thats the one thing I think about most, the "what ifs".
Maine in general is such a safe state when it comes to natural disasters. We get a lot of snow and minimal flooding when it melts but it's nothing like other states face when they are hit.
There may not be any "night life" opportunities but the food here is outstanding!
I personally Loved the jobs I had when I was growing up but depending on availability I may have to move to another surrounding town.
I Love my hometown! It's small enough to feel like a small town but actually has a lot of people so I'm always seeing new faces. I love coming back to go somewhere for dinner and walk around the downtown.
There are so many places to go hiking, snow shoeing, skiing, skating, sledding, and anything else that can be done outdoors. There's still a little pollution in the Androscoggin, but the river has been cleaned up a lot since the past. Overall a very beautiful area.
Brunswick has its own fire department and recently just got a brand new police station.
Brunswick is such a strong community. It's a fair sized town, so you tend to know a lot of people. People here are generally pretty friendly too, and there are many family friendly events.
There are so many good restaurants in the area. You can get sushi, Indian, Irish, Mexican, German, and everything in between from the variety of places to eat. My favorites are Gelato Fiasco and Little Dog Coffee Shop.
There are of course incidences like any town would have but this neighborhood itself is very calm with little to worry about.
It depends how much you like the cold. The winters are pretty brutal for those not used to lots of snow and ice, but the spring, summer, and incredible fall seasons tend to make up for the frigid weather. The bright side of living in such a snowy place though is that there is almost always a white Christmas!
It's a little bit rural, so it's very peaceful in this area. As a result the homes are not as expensive as the ones directly in town. The houses also tend to have bigger yards as a result of this too. However, you're still only just a few minutes from the center of town.
There are a variety of different cuisines available from Irish to Indian. Restaurants are influenced by the diverse college community. There are a few bars but none are exceptional. Most people choose to go to Portland if they want a night out.
There are a mix of large chains and small locally owned businesses. You can pretty much get everything you need. It's not the best area for shopping, but it's certainly not the worst.
It's really cold a lot, but that doesn't stop people from taking below freezing runs and other fitness ventures. There's tons of ways to stay fit, and many healthy options despite the weather.
I really love the local businesses here. Gelato Fiasco is a go to place for my friends and me, and Little Dog Coffee Shop is still my favorite coffee place I've ever been. It's so easy to go and relax at either place. There's also Wild Oats, which makes some of the best baked goods on Earth, but all their food is amazing. All in all there's a lot of special places which you can't find anywhere else.