Brooklyn Reviews

I was born here. I went to school, worked and was employed here. Gentrification is taking over Brooklyn and it is becoming less diverse.
I love Brooklyn. It is a melting pot full of different cultures and you can taste food from all over the world. The city never sleeps here and you can always find something to do and great people to engage with conversation. Brooklyn is the place where you can be yourself and are welcomed to do so. I was born and raised in Brooklyn by immigrant parents and there is no other place on earth like it!
Brooklyn is one of the most diverse cities in the US. From the incredible food and variety you can find, cultural activities and enjoyment of the outdoors I think it is one of the best urban cities to live in right now.
Review Brooklyn
Living in Brooklyn has an upside and downside to it. It has come a long way from what it once was but I just wish it continue to stay for the people and not the retail market. Gentrification is at an all time high and it is hurting those who has been in Brooklyn for years and forcing them out when they are comfortable right where they are.
I currently live in Brooklyn. I witness a lot of changes now and from what it used to be when I was younger. Brooklyn is becoming more globalized, a lot of schools, restaurants, businesses, shopping centers, markets etc. Ethnicities are also merging. For example, Sheepshead bay and Brighton Beach used to be a Russian neighborhood, now theres all different kinds of cultures- like Italian, Turkish or Middle Eastern. Another change that has been done are the roads, they have less potholes and the city even put up speed cameras on every few blocks to keep the streets safe. Brooklyn is getting more and more industrialized.
I think Brooklyn is very over populated but very diverse. You see a lot of people of different cultures and ethnic groups in Brooklyn and that mainly what makes this city special.
Technically, I was born in Manhattan but Brooklyn is the only place I've ever known and lived in. I love it - it's down to earth and diverse. If you want to head into the city, take the train like everyone else does. If you want to go out to Long Island, you can drive or take the LIRR. Most people have cars, unlike Manhattan, because a) there's more space, and b) it allows you to buy loads of stuff at Costco or BJs, so you save money when you stock up. Great for families, and schools are your average NYC public schools. It doesn't really matter where you go to, as long as you work hard. Regarding nightlife, most neighborhoods are quiet after 9:00 pm. People go home after work and mind their own businesses. The real estate game is really changing, though. Homes are becoming pricier and pricier, regardless of the neighborhood it's in.
best borough in NY in my opinion probably the safest one too, very diversed people and also friendly as well
I would like to see crime go down and gentrification end. It is very hard to find a decent place to live in Brooklyn now and it's because of gentrification
My experience living in Brooklyn is exciting, its laid back and has a home feeling to it. I love that there are many beautiful parks to hang out, and they are not overcrowded. However, Brooklyn rent and cost of living is overly expensive and also overcrowded, that is what I would change.
I think you can find anything here. There are good areas and there are some pretty rough areas. However, each section of Brooklyn provides charm and historical perspective of the times.
No matter where you are in Brooklyn, you'll find what you need. From grocery stores to restaurants, Brooklyn has it all. You'll never be bored - there are parks, museums, libraries, and a night life to keep you entertained. I seldom go outside of Brooklyn for entertainment as it's all here. Keep in mind that it is a bit pricey to live and you'll be hard pressed to find something affordable/what you're looking for. However, it's worth every penny!
Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, I have had the opportunity to receive a robust education, work at various locations, take advantage of the many amenities, and meet new people. Aside from having bus and train stations within walking distance, retail stores on every corner, and very elegant communities, one thing I would change is the ability to be around quiet areas. It is often noisy with human and vehicle traffic throughout the day; however, I really enjoy all that Brooklyn has to offer.
To explain how grateful I am to have come straight to Brooklyn as an immigrant would be an understatement within itself. being uprooted and moving to a new home felt as if we moved down the block instead of an entire new nation. The support from the local communities that contains my very own as well has most importantly provided a sense of comfort. When I think of new york city, Brooklyn is my home and it's a borough that has nourished and provided to me like no other.
I like Brooklyn for its diversity and opportunity. I'd love for the streets to be a littler safer and cleaner
the culture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brooklyn is a great place to live. Every area is a different world. There’s always something todo from going to museums to going to bars. There are a lot abandoned building that I feel like should be renovated and made into affordable housing.
Review Brooklyn
This area is so vast with so many different cultures that it is difficult to rate. There are parts of Brooklyn that are incredibly industrial, with factories and businesses. One neighborhood over is a hipster-haven, with handlebar mustaches and avocado toast served in a carved out mandolin. Many neighborhoods are family-oriented (although quickly gentrifying and pushing those families out). If you head out towards Coney Island, there are great beaches and boardwalk opportunities. In Bensonhurst, you can find the best pizza in the entirety of NYC and old school Italian neighborhoods.
My experience in Brooklyn has always been great. I grew up in Crown Heights, Brooklyn and the culture is always invigorating.
Brooklyn is home-y. It has regions that are very suburb like, but also resembles qualities of the larger metropolitan area in New York City.