1. Suburb of Boston, MA

Brookline Reviews

I really like Brookline. It is a friendly town and I have always felt safe living here. There is shopping in Coolidge Corner with a lot of great shops and the location is close to public transportation and not that far from Boston. The rent is on the higher end but I have learned to accept it when the neighborhood I live in is clean and safe. The one thing that they could improve on is making sure in the winter that the sidewalks are clean for pedestrians. They do a great job in snow removal for the drivers, but forget about the people who don’t walk not to mention the people who are elderly and disabled.
Brookline is a great, quiet and safe neighborhood to live. It has great shops, stores, markets, bookstores, coffee shops for you to enjoy. it also has a very convenient location. It doesn't take more than 30 min to get to downtown via public transportation and less than 15 min via car.
I love Brookline! Close to many things and T which is a plus! People are also very friendly. However, the no more plastic bags was a little frustrating.
Great place to live (very safe). It's very suburban but close to Boston. Good schools and family-friendly, but high cost of living.
Brookline is very a pleasant town - family and young adult oriented. More public transit would be helpful and reduced rent housing would be necessary for me to live here long term.
I was born and raised in Brookline and it has been a fantastic location to grow up. I attended Brookline High School, where I had mostly wonderful teachers and great classmates. It's an extremely liberal town and is very accepting of everyone. It's a very safe place, has great parks, good restaurants, a variety of things to do, and some beautiful local landmarks that are beloved in town.
I am living in Brookline during graduate school and I love it here. The houses are beautiful, the people are friendly, and I generally feel safe.
Overall a very safe area, barring the busy road. There is the occasional shifty fellow who hangs out for a bit longer than he should but everything's hunky dorey. That being said there has been some violent incidents in the past months, but I still feel very safe walking past modnight.
Fairly urban but not overwhelming, close access to Train stop. Plenty of restaurants In shops within walking distance. Parking is rough though.
I don't know much about safety issues in this area, but it seems to be safe enough as I saw police work hard to manage the city to be safe.
The area is very familiar to where I lived in England with peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. I am very happy to have moved into here and become a part of it. Since this place is new for me, I am still trying to broaden my experience here and I think it will be a great pleasure to stay in this area.
It's close enough to downtown Boston by public transit, easy to get around, restaurants nearby, but in a neighborhood that's residential with families so I'm not necessary surrounded by noisy, busy city life.
Police are always present, they do a great job
This town is a great place to raise kids and have a calm paced life. It is usually quiet and has a strong belief in unity and togetherness. The police do a great job of keeping the area safe and people tend to respect each other and citizens of this town. The school system are state ranked and really provide the students with chances to engage and grow socially, mentally and in a community sense.
I have had an ok experience with where I now live. It is very chaotic and hard to get around if you have never lived in a big city. There is a lot of filth on the streets and in most shops, especially restaurants. People are constantly yelling out windows and pulling out in front of you with their cars. I would not choose to live here if I had the choice. Less crowded areas are better for the environment, less activity which includes crime and accidents, and the air is less polluted. I see this city getting worse because of its reputation to be a hard place to live.
Housing is generally nice, very little vacant or abandoned properties. Cost is high because it is one of Boston's most desirable neighborhoods, school district is one of the best so many people move here for the schools. There isn't a "bad" area to live in Brookline, if anything, I would say avoid Beacon street, for the noise level, it's a major thoroughfare into Boston. Best areas if amenities are key, Brookline Village, Washington Square, Coolidge Corner. Best areas if yard/property is key, many properties may be found in the south, south-west part of Brookline county lines. But there are also large (expensive) properties closer to Boston that are hidden in the center of blocks (dead end streets that go to the interior of the block).
Very family friendly and engaged with community events. People tend to live here a long time. People love dogs here but it is difficult/more expensive to have a dog in a rental and dog parks are expensive and restrictive.
Brookline is very safe, police present is constant and I have never experienced any problems.
Most people are very friendly and helpful. It is also very diverse and easy to fit in,
It is a very safe place. I feel comfortable living in brookline.