Branford Reviews

A true community. Amazing place for singles or families. Very diverse town with a beautiful shoreline, wonderful schools, tons of parks, lots of town events like jazz on the green, the fireworks on the beach for Independence Day, the Christmas Parade Saturday after Thanksgiving, and the Branford Fedtival just to name a few. Our daughter is thriving here.
Branford is a beautiful New England town I'd recommend to anyone who's interested in exploring or visiting. The cost of living is reasonable for most regardless of one's current socioeconomic status. The town itself captures all the typical scenery one would expect to encounter in the north eastern area of the US.
My experience in Branford has always been very pleasant. It is a very nice town. The shore line areas are very scenic. I grew up in Branford and had the pleasure of going to the public schools which are still some of the best in the area. There is a lot I like about the town of Branford. The center and the town green is a very nice area filled with shops and restaurants. The town green is host to many events like music festivals and the annual town festival. Branford also has many walking trails through marsh and wooded areas which are very pleasant. If you enjoy any thing to do with water or boating Branford could be the place for you. The Branford river is filled with marinas that lead directly into Long Island Sound. In the summer the shore line is host to boaters, swimmers, beach goers, kayakers, and more. What I would like to change about Branford is the cost of living is high and the town population has been raising causing a higher cost of living and traffic.
Start Your Review of Branford
Close knit town with New England feel. Beautiful scenery and great beaches. Many restaurants to choose from. School system is great and everyone knows everyone.
Excellent, safe family community! Lots of low cost or free activities year-round for the kids. Excellent schools! Many support services for low-income and mental health needs. Close to beaches, Yale New Haven Hospital, train, and I95. Many wonderful opportunities for kids to learn and grow. I absolutely love this town and am so fortunate to be able to raise my kids here.
Sights are amazing. It's a pretty old town so it has a lot of character and history. Looks beautiful in all seasons. People here are pretty rich and snotty though, and the school system, while challenging and rigorous, is full of teachers who take favorites and will ignore you if you're not one of them. The police department is too focused on completing their quota to take into consideration if you deserve a ticket or harassment.
Branford is a quaint little town in Connecticut, it is beautiful and filled with shops and various beaches. I recommend a visit to Branford whenever anyone is in Connecticut visiting.
Branford is a little town on the Connecticut shoreline. There is something for everyone: for those craving the quaint, small-town feel, there are beautiful beaches and a town green surrounded by little shops; for those who prefer the convenience of a more developed community, there is "the hill" where you can buy your groceries, visit numerous restaurants, and shop at chain retailers like Kohl's.
Branford is a great family town. It has a small town feel but yet there is a lot of entertaining things to do. Great restaurants, beautiful shoreline, shopping, and it is a safe community. The public school system is above average and has teachers that really care about their students. There are several direct waterfront shoreline communities in Branford where everyone is very close knit. Pine Orchard, Stony Creek, Indian Neck, Short Beach. One of the cons of living on the shoreline is the I-95 corridor has many congestion problems, especially when traveling through the New Haven area. Alternate routes are available however to the locals who know how to get around.
Growing up in Branford since the age of 12 , I can definitely say that this town is a community. Like some Neighboring towns, we have a "Center of Town," with your typical average joe stores, bars, and restaurants.

Being a health nut, there's your GNC and Planet Fitness, but there's also plenty of organic stores, and a 5 star vegan restaurant right in the center.

The safety isn't a concern for the most-part. It has a capable police department, who also attend several recreation center events for kids, which I've seen first-hand as a volunteer. They feel like they care.

As a young adult, I may have to look elsewhere to live when I do decide move. I would love to live here, but knowing that it is costly, I might have to consider other options.

All told, it is a great place to grow up. From the age of 12, I haven't regretted the move and would recommend it to anyone looking for a safe and friendly suburb.
Branford is a lovely place to live, tons to do, safe & inviting with a good school system for little ones.
My boyfriend and I love the town of Branford and I feel like it's a great place for everyone! Whether you have a big family or you are a single person, the town is a fun yet safe place for everyone. Homes are a little pricey and I would like to see a little more diversity.
I moved to Branford eleven years ago with my husband and son while I was pregnant with our first daughter. My son was in elementary school in a different town having difficulty with reading at t he time and we transferred him to Branford schools and he improved tremendously. Branford's town green is wonderful. There are great little shops that are affordable and very good restaurants. During the summer months Branford holds Jazz on the green. It's a great time where people from surrounding communities come to listen to different jazz bands every week.
Crime has very recently gone up, especially violent crimes. Less petty crimes arrests, more serious arrests (i.e. sexual molestation, etc.). You only know about it if you know or know of the criminal or read about it.
I really like how businesses are consistent. You're not too far from from a bus stop or anything to get to where you're going.
I feel like the crime and safety could be improved in this area
Its a great place to live! a bunch of friendly people here!
Start Your Review of Branford
This is a very safe and comfortable place to live.
The shoreline is certainly the place to be in the beautiful summer months, but in all seasons it has an indescribable feel that eventually draws everyone back.
There are police in several areas of the streets keeping watch. Not too much crime occurs regularly in the area.