1. Suburb of Boston, MA

Braintree Reviews

I have lived in Braintree my entire life and have enjoyed every minute of it! Braintree is a town that is community oriented and has great schools. Safety is never an issue. There are lots of stores, malls, and activities to become engaged in.
My family moved here when I started the second grade, my thought when I moved here was "is this place called Braintree because they have a lot of trees or something?" I love it here, it's a small and peaceful community. There's a lot of activities you can do here as well, like shopping, painting, restaurants and movies! There's nothing better than living in the suburbs with a lot of fun activities you can do!
Braintree has a mall, train station, variety of different restaurants, movie theater, etc. It's certainly not a nightlife area but great for people who like simple things, going to the mall or movies. Braintree itself, is okay with diversity but the majority is white. Schools here are also pretty good and safe!
I love Braintree, the town is beautiful and the community is vibrant. I have lived here my whole life and have enjoyed everything about the town. The historical background, the beautiful homes, the blue hills recreation area, and more.
I like how the town has a couple of large supermarkets to choose from, a large shopping mall, public transportation to downtown, local parks and library, top notch schools and a beautification program in town.
It is an odd place filled with many different people from all economic classes,
It is an alright place to retire to, but if you have kids it can be a boring area.
It's not the very best place to live but it's certainly a very quiet small town. It's popular with celebrities as well since the mall is well known to them.
They are good neighborhoods with few bad ones
never really been involved or cared much for it
Never really threatened or feel unsafe
There are many things that are good about the area
I would not live here again because it is not very diverse at all and lacks a sense of community and creativity that I crave. Suburgatory comes to mind....people worked hard or came from salt of the earth working class families and then got some money, did well for themselves and forgot their sense of community. There is a definite townie-cliq mentality here. I do not see it changing anytime soon
HOusing is very expensive, good deals are possible but hard to find, rentals for 3 bedrooms and up are far and few in between, houses for sale rarely stay on sale for longer than a month before they are scooped up
This is a very family and pet friendly community. the community has monthly events and an active PTO but in terms of a genuine sense of community, I find it lacking
Regarding police and safety, it would appear that the majority of issues are domestic calls and teens acting up
People who move here, stay here. Very pet friendly. Youth sports are very good here, alot of people volunteer their time for the kids which keeps sport fees lower.
This is a highly desired town. It is somewhat expensive to live in for the middle class.
We are very fortunate and live in a relatively safe area. The crime rate is low. Police are seen alot. Like any other parent in any town, the biggest fear is drugs.
I have lived here for 45 year. Its a safe community with great schools. Since this is where I grew up I would be curious to see what it is like in a different state. I would prefer to move to a warmer climate, very tired of the snow. I see this town being very stable in the future.